Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22
    This would be a great pickup 7 years ago. We'll see how it goes.
    I agree. Though Thomas is probably an upgrade for KC at ILB - but that really speaks to how terrible their LB corp for KC was.

Comment

• Sooo, is this to fill a hole so they can draft DE instead of LB, or did they just get a mentor to groom Curry? Guess we'll have to wait and see at the draft.

It is nice to see some needs getting addressed in the short term, in addition to building for the long term.

Any news on the LJ/Waters/Gonzo trade fronts?

Comment

• Hopefully the get rid of LJ through trade or just letting him go. They need to keep Waters and Gonzo. Gonzo could get them some good picks if they choose to trade him. I'd hate to see it but would understand. With the OL issues getting rid of Waters doesn't make much sense.

But no news as far as I know.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• On the ESPN site, they are speculating that Tony Gonzalez is being traded to Atlanta. I do not have insider unfortunately to get more in-depth info....
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Would you classify ATL as a contender? If we're going to trade him at least send him somewhere he may actually have a chance at some post season success.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007
              On the ESPN site, they are speculating that Tony Gonzalez is being traded to Atlanta. I do not have insider unfortunately to get more in-depth info....
              on the radio, they said its just a rumor
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• well looks like it may be more than a rumor, Michael Lombardi on NFL network says falcons are indeed offering a 2nd rounder, and he says a source says Tony G. has cleaned out his locker at arrowhead, he says he gives it a 80% to 85% tony is traded. If we get a 2nd rounder then i suppose im ok with it, but still it sure will suck seeing him in a different uniform

Comment

• It just won't be right seeing Gonzo in anything but Chiefs Red.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• this reported we rejected the falcons offer of a 2nd rounder

Comment

• Chiefs release Frankling. I have to admit that I don't get this one. They keep bringing in WRs who've done nothing and an old guy who I and many others don't really expect much from and then release a young WR who has some promise but hasn't gotten much opportunity yet. I would have been a lot more happy with Franklin being the 3rd guy over Engram
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Chiefs release Frankling. I have to admit that I don't get this one. They keep bringing in WRs who've done nothing and an old guy who I and many others don't really expect much from and then release a young WR who has some promise but hasn't gotten much opportunity yet. I would have been a lot more happy with Franklin being the 3rd guy over Engram
                        who knows with it being on lockdown, maybe Franklin got into some trouble, and the chiefs want to make an example out of him, you just never know. The timing of it makes me believe he did do something that the front office didnt like.

Comment

• I'm surprised at the Tony G deal being nixed, I really don't think they're going to get better than #55 overall, so they must be content to keep him. I know he'll produce for KC and maybe they think Cassel will need him, but still if they're building for the future why not get a young player now if you've only got Tony for a year or two more? I wonder what Tony thinks, if he's peeved? Or did he really want to go to Atl, are they that close to a major playoff run? You know who I was thinking really should try to get him is Indy-I can see him and Peyton hooking up a bunch, and he could be a major piece to them making a few super bowl runs before Peyton gets too old.

I'm also sorry to see Franklin go, I was hoping to see good things from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazztrane
                            I'm surprised at the Tony G deal being nixed, I really don't think they're going to get better than #55 overall, so they must be content to keep him. I know he'll produce for KC and maybe they think Cassel will need him, but still if they're building for the future why not get a young player now if you've only got Tony for a year or two more? I wonder what Tony thinks, if he's peeved? Or did he really want to go to Atl, are they that close to a major playoff run? You know who I was thinking really should try to get him is Indy-I can see him and Peyton hooking up a bunch, and he could be a major piece to them making a few super bowl runs before Peyton gets too old.

I'm also sorry to see Franklin go, I was hoping to see good things from him.
                            I think if he is gonna go it will be a draft day trade. I think maybe there is a few offers out there for him, and they want to get the best possible offer. Kind of like buying a car, you never accept the original price, because you want to get the best possible offer you can get.

Comment

• schedule is out, we open up at Baltimore, and home opener is the next week against the raiders

This is the official Kansas City Chiefs Facebook fan page. For more information go to http://www.chiefs.com.

Comment

• I thought we got a really good draw, our two toughest opponents or the Giants and the Steelers and they are both at home.

It is so good of a draw that I can't even tell you our third toughest non-conference; it is so close. Cowboys maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X