No announcement yet.

Chiefs offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah I think they'll be top 5 this year, but only because there aren't others coming out. Next year those same 2 would not be top 10 because there are other better prospects coming out. Good move for them to come early and cash in, but I think their talent isn't as good as guys who may go in the top 5 next year. Does that make sense?

I like Stafford better but I don't think he'll be there at 3, plus I hate taking a QB that high anyway. You can hit like with Ryan last year but if you miss you've really hurt yourself with the investment in that QB both time-wise and financially. If you take a QB in a later round there is not as much pressure and expectation, and you also don't have the $ investment if they don't work out. Of course how many QB's did KC draft in the 3-6 rounds for years that never worked out so that theory has holes too!

Comment

I'm not sold on Sanchez and wouldn't want the Chiefs picking him at 3. I'd be not so happy.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sans Carson Palmer, who really was the last USC QB to make anything of himself in the NFL so far? And even him, he's been getting hurt so much lately he's been a non-factor for two years. USC QB's are system QB's just as much as Big XII QB's are. They tear up the college game, but hardly any of them are able to do the same in the NFL.

Comment

I too am not sold on any of the QB's with the 3rd pick. Chiefs have so many needs across the board that I hope they trade down.

Comment

With the draft, we need:

De-caf (clap clap) De-caf

uh I mean

De-fense (clap clap) De-fense
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

This is pretty hilarious:

Chiefs TE Mike Merritt was reportedly arrested early Thursday in downtown Orlando on suspicion of marijuana possession.

Here's one way to get the new front office's attention. A blocking tight end prospect, Merritt was spotted inside his vehicle "rolling what appeared to be a marijuana cigarette." Merritt saw police, put the object in his mouth, and when told to spit it out asked "all this for a little bit of weed?" Another three grams were found in his shoe after a search. He's unlikely to make the club now.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane
                NFL.com mock draft doesn't have Sanchez in the top 15, go figure? They have KC going LB or possibly DE or OL but not sure if they want to spend another high pick on those positions. Unfortunately I don't see a QB or WR worthy of the #3 pick. I think Stafford and Sanchez are both stretches to take in the top 5 this year, next year with all the guys coming I don't think they'd be taken in the top 10-15. This year is just thin on (highly ranked) QB talent.
                I partially agree with the "No QBs with the 3rd pick" comment. I'd take Stafford if he's there, but I'd quickly pass on Mark Sanchez at 3 as he didn't impress me at all this season and in any other year he'd be lucky to go in the 1st round at all. However, I disagree with the "No WRs at 3" comment. I'd definately take Michael Crabtree at 3 if he's there. I saw him play in person two times this season and he's as good as they get. Possibly another Larry Fitzgerald. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we go that route if we hire Haley. His offense thrived with 2 awesome WRs this season. However, the mock draft site I frequent has the Chiefs taking OT Eugene Monroe from Virginia. Doubt that happens, but then again anything is possible.
                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I think you take a best player available approach when you are rebuilding as thoroughly as the Chiefs are. I would be happy with Crabtree, Curry, or the best Offensive Tackle available. Don't think the QB draft this year justifies the third pick. I would try to pick up a QB in the second round or later if the right person is there under the radar.
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I'll admit I only saw Crabtree play a couple times on tv and have no idea of his size or speed, but if he was that impressive in person then I could see KC taking him at #3 and I'd feel pretty good about that. They could definitely use another playmaker on offense. I suppose it may also depend on who is available in free agency, if KC plans to be a major player this off-season.

Comment

Filling in the staff. A guess at possible coaches.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Saw Todd McShay on ESPN this morning give his mock draft update. He now has KC taking I think Curry, a LB from Wake Forest. I saw that somewhere else as well and they said that Curry was the safest pick at that spot, as in they feel he's a low risk, should be an impact player. Could also signal the return to the 3-4. They had Crabtree going to Oakland (yuck!) at #7. I'll admit it would be nice to have a stud WR opposite Bowe but Bradley did a decent job and if he can stay healthy that gives a decent 1-2 punch. Problem is Tony may not stay unless they get some help on offense? It would also be nice to have a stud defensive player, possibly pass rusher as they really need help there.

One interesting thing I saw was he had each position ranked where on a touch screen he could touch the position to see who was ranked, and on QB he had Freeman right after Sanchez! Now maybe there is a biiiiiiiiig separation between #2 and #3, but if he has Freeman anywhere near Sanchez then that really scares me about Sanchez. Freeman has the physical tools but from what I saw of him in action I don't see him being an NFL QB?

Comment

Some people have Freeman going mid to late first round
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think Freeman will end up like a Jason White or Eric Crouch, won't make much of a career. Mind you that White had two knee surgeries, but he was even cut by the Chiefs a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane
                              He now has KC taking I think Curry, a LB from Wake Forest. I saw that somewhere else as well and they said that Curry was the safest pick at that spot, as in they feel he's a low risk, should be an impact player.
                              That is what I have been saying all along. I have never really liked draft analysts, they never seem to be close to their predictions, and I really don't care what they think. We need DEFENSE. Curry is defense.They were predicting a QB earlier: I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH ANOTHER QUARTERBACK!

Originally posted by newsshock1234
                              "Getting Thiggy with it!"

Comment

The only problem with Curry is he doesn't give us the pass rusher that KC desperately needs. I still wouldn't complain if he's picked as I don't know if there is a pass rusher in the draft that can be taken that high.

As long as we don't draft a QB I'll be okay with it.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X