No announcement yet.

Sedgwick County approves arena TIF plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peterhead is the kid who got has ass kicked routinely as he grew up and now it's "his time". The fact that somebody so anti-social has the swing vote on an organization that impacts about 750,000 people in the surrounding area, should absolutely strike terror in the hearts of Wichita's business community leaders.

This guy is hated so much that his own church members don't hesitate to call him out. He is a real weirdo. And now is a somewhat powerful weirdo...

T

...8)

Comment

Are you going to throw some shoes at him???

Comment

I would happy with just seeing him quickly removed from his seat.

T

...8)

Comment

Cold,

Explain to me in 25 words or less, what a TIF is and why you think they are so great.

Comment

I was waiting for you to drop by...

Do you want the wikipedia version?

T

...8)

Comment

I guess I am not surprised you would have to use wikipedia.

Comment

I guess I'm not surprised you missed the sarcasm in my post. You should know by now that when you ask someone for a definition online, it measures absolutely nothing. All one has to do is type it in Google.

I don't think I need to explain to you what a TIF is. And I think you know it is a tool that is especially useful in a town like Wichita. I'm not going to go back and forth responding to your anti-government rhetoric. You have to take everything on a case-by-case basis and look beyond the myopic viewpoint of a staunch libertarian.

The Intrust Arena is THE center point of the revitalization of our community, culture, and hopefully educated workforce. Asking the county to approve a public financing vehicle that will use 16 blocks of commercial tax revenue to pay for 16 blocks of improvements, is more than reasonable considering the importance of the project.

T

...8)

Comment

I have to agree with cold's assessment (minus the name-calling). There's no way the man should hold any office.
                  "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                    This coming from someone who`s in NYC & not even in Kansas.

Enjoy the 88 new taxes in NY state. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
                    I've been out of the state for about 8 months. I paid my dues for the arena. I don't really see the relatively of where I currently live to the topic at hand. Please explain further..

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit I see. Must be the old age? I don't live in NY. Try again.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Okay - I guess you don't know.

Why do you think the TIF is so important to the success of the arena area?

What percent of approved TIFs in Wichita are "successful" and thus are not being subsidized by taxpayers outside the TIF district?

If Wichitans are so eager to have the arena district succeed, why do you think a TIF is needed?

Comment

Do you think smoking should be allowed in the arena, ABC?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          It's up to the owner of the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker
                            I have to agree with cold's assessment (minus the name-calling). There's no way the man should hold any office.
                            It's great to know you guys are so much wiser than the voters in that district who elected Peterjohn by comfortable margins in the primary and the general election.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                              The citizens of Sedgwick County own the arena.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                                The citizens of Sedgwick County own the arena.
                                Um, yeah - I know that.

And thus their representatives, the County Commission, can decide to ban smoking in a building they own.

I don't oppose that nor do I oppose a bar owner deciding to allow smoking a business they own.

Comment

Working...
                                X