Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arena Football League folding the 2009 season good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Football League folding the 2009 season good or bad?

If you are like me I say who cares, but I never attended a game so I leave it up for discussion.

Really? This is a real shame as I've enjoyed watching the AFL for the past 20 years or so. It was always a fun product that I really enjoyed. I loved going to the Cow Palace back when we were affiliated with the league.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I went to a few KC Brigade games. They were always a good time. Hopefully they come back in '10, but I suppose if it goes away for good I won't shed any tears.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Something about football in June just didn't sit well with me...

And that's down there on the list.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

they're restructuring their business model. it'll be a good thing for them

Comment

I hope it returns. There was just something about hockey on astroturf and with footballs that caught my attention.

Comment

This has no effect on Wink Hartman arena ???

Comment

Bad it was fun
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Is the Wink Hartman arena still going to be built?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                    Is the Wink Hartman arena still going to be built?
                    Judging from the outside, it looks like it is about done. There is even a sign out front.

Comment

It's too bad because I'm sure it was fun to watch live, and it was a way for football players to make a living playing football. Plus a way for lots of fans to have a home team.

But I never really watched it. I really preferred the CFL. It was an "offense" oriented style of play but more like "real" football than the AFL. Unfortunately they lost all their US television for this past season, and only the Grey Cup game was on TV.

Comment

This has no bearing on Wink Hartman's arena. The AFL is the top arena league. We never played in it....we played in AF2....a lower division. And now we play in a reject league with a bunch of small time teams. Although I just heard we have joined a different league for the upcoming season.

It might help steer some better players down to the lower level leagues, however.

When I say "we"...keep in mind I have never attended a game. I couldn't support a team that called themselves professional, and played on astroturf they bought from another team...it still had the old logos on it!

Comment

One thing that has hurt football here is that they switch leagues every other year. They should have stuck with AF2. Attendence was pretty good and the product and competition wasn't bad. It's hard to market the Wichita team since they constantly change names and leagues.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

There's probably a reason why the Wichita teams have folded so many times..

I don't think they personally like getting in a new league every year. Perhaps some of it is in response to the 400 or so who show up to games, most of whom are family members.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When they left AF2 they were average about 5k. Attendence wasn't an issue until they started bouncing from league to league and changing names.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X