Sports Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockball
    I will give 100 to 1 odds that Larry Bud's will have it on.
    I called them this morning around 10 and they double checked and said they will have it on along with Monday Night Football on one of their projection screens. The really big ones.
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Old Chicago East says they will have it.
      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

are we forgetting about Fox and Hound, home of the official watch party for the Shocks, they will have it on.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
          Originally posted by Rosewood
          Any smoke free places in Wichita that would have it?

I just assumed the KN22 crew would be going down and didn't even think about it.
          I think they are all smoke free now. Very few of the big sports bars if any allow smoking.
          If they are a bar as in 21 to enter, a la side pockets, they are still smoking away (sadly).

Comment

I just assumed the KN22 crew would be going down and didn't even think about it.
            I think they are all smoke free now. Very few of the big sports bars if any allow smoking.
            If they are a bar as in 21 to enter, a la side pockets, they are still smoking away (sadly).
            More specifically - if they have purchased a special permit (I think it is something like $200/year - and agreed to not let anyone under 21 enter the establishment - they can allow smoking. If you serve food that means you can't serve food to anyone under 21 even at lunch time. I still can't believe that there are that many people out there that smoke - that businesses feel they would need to buy the permits. But then again - I don't get out much. Other than to basketball games! :roll:

Comment

. . .. and by the way the smoking area at Koch Arena is right outside the section we sit in - and when the wind is blowing - the ladies bathroom smells like smoke - even though the smokers are all outside the arena. I don't get why they can't wait until the game is over to smoke - it's only a few hours.

Comment

I know, there a still a couple of places that allow smoking, but for the most part the majority of large sports bars in town are smoke free. It's been awhile since I was last at Side Pockets, but if I remember correctly it wasn't exactly a place to go to watch the game...

Comment

Unfortunately im a little busier at work than I anticipated :(. Does anyone know if its on the internet anywhere in case I can't make it to a bar?
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

. .. and by the way the smoking area at Koch Arena is right outside the section we sit in - and when the wind is blowing - the ladies bathroom smells like smoke - even though the smokers are all outside the arena. I don't get why they can't wait until the game is over to smoke - it's only a few hours.

As a smoker this really bothers me, I don't want to get off topic...well maybe I do, but this comment is not needed. I could easily say, if it is that bad in the women's restroom, wait a few hours and use yours at home, or walk 50yds to the next one. I mean really? The smoke is that bad that you can't do your business. I would think the least of the horrid smells is the smokers smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksedg
                      . . .. and by the way the smoking area at Koch Arena is right outside the section we sit in - and when the wind is blowing - the ladies bathroom smells like smoke - even though the smokers are all outside the arena. I don't get why they can't wait until the game is over to smoke - it's only a few hours.
                      Thats just like saying "I don't know why you can't wait to get some snacks from the concession stand until after the game." Its halftime you want to do something and that is as good a time as any. FYI I am a former smoker and think that non-smokers complain way too much about smokers.

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus
                        Originally posted by Ksedg
                        Thats just like saying "I don't know why you can't wait to get some snacks from the concession stand until after the game." Its halftime you want to do something and that is as good a time as any. FYI I am a former smoker and think that non-smokers complain way too much about smokers.
                        :whistle:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Everyday you hear about this town or that town passing a smoking ban. I wonder how long it takes before we take all of "the smokers" and start putting them into Smokers Camps to keep them out of our society??? Those smokers by the way account for approximately 20 percent of the population. 42 million in the US in 2007. I think that smoking is bad and is a health risk and that is why I quit but I feel that smokers make that choice to smoke on their own. Laws shouldn't do that for them.

Comment

I feel that smokers make that choice to smoke on their own. Laws shouldn't do that for them.
                            There are no laws that prevent smokers from smoking.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Ok, so no internet that we know of? LOL
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Everyday you hear about this town or that town passing a smoking ban. I wonder how long it takes before we take all of "the smokers" and start putting them into Smokers Camps to keep them out of our society??? Those smokers by the way account for approximately 20 percent of the population. 42 million in the US in 2007. I think that smoking is bad and is a health risk and that is why I quit but I feel that smokers make that choice to smoke on their own. Laws shouldn't do that for them.
                                I know this should get moved to the off topic section... but if you want to smoke and kill yourself, go ahead. In fact, knock yourself out.
                                Just don't take me with you.
                                There are no laws against smoking. Smoke all you want. It's your lungs and if you want to grind up coal into dust and smoke it, fire away.
                                Just don't do it around me.
                                This has been a public service announcement from SR.
                                That is all. 8)
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X