Time to strap it on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to strap it on

It's ffb playoff time and I'm having a heck of a time deciding who to start.

LenDale White vs CLE or Tim Hightower vs STL

Now CW says White but I hate to sit Hightower against a very bad Rams D, one in which he ran for 100+ yards and TD in their last meeting.

Also at WR -

Santana Moss vs BAL (he's been very mediocre lately)

L. Coles vs SF

or Marvin Harrison vs CIN

Please someone give me a clue.

You have to start Hightower. Matchup advantage and LW splits the carries too often.

I avoid Baltimore's defense like it's the plague.

Coles or Harrison....tough choice but I'd go with Marvin even in the twighlight of his career....Cincinnati has been improved on D but it's still Cincinnati.

Comment

I'm one of the disgruntled 7-6 teams that missed the playoffs and im not thinking clearly right now.

:-x

But here goes,

I would lean towards Harrison if Indy is at home. Also, if the rams are the road team definately start Hightower.
      Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
      Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Re: Time to strap it on

Originally posted by BostonWu
        It's ffb playoff time and I'm having a heck of a time deciding who to start.

LenDale White vs CLE or Tim Hightower vs STL

Now CW says White but I hate to sit Hightower against a very bad Rams D, one in which he ran for 100+ yards and TD in their last meeting.

Also at WR -

Santana Moss vs BAL (he's been very mediocre lately)

L. Coles vs SF

or Marvin Harrison vs CIN

Please someone give me a clue.
        Hey Boston, please be more careful with your thread titles.
        SFL is back!

Comment

I have S. Moss as well, but will definitely not start him. I would go with Coles or Harrison, but which one is the question.

Personally, either one would probably do fine, but I might lean towards Coles as he's the second option in NY and Harrison is the third option in Indy now.

Here's my problem... In my league, we can start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex.

My RB are Chris Johnson (@CLE), Slaton (@GB), Westbrook (@NYG), Kevin Smith (MIN) and Lynch (MIA)

My WR are Steve Smith (TB), Colston (ATL), Calvin Johnson (MIN) and Santana Moss (@BAL)

I am currently starting:

RB Chris Johnson
          RB Brian Westboork
          Flex Steve Slaton
          WR Steve Smith
          WR Marques Colston

Leaving Kevin Smith, Marshawn Lynch, Calvin Johnson & Santana Moss on the bench.

I'm considering using Calvin Johnson instead of Colston. Should I? Should I also reconsider benching Lynch? But in favor of who?

Comment

Tex -

I would leave your starting lineup as is. I'm not cetain about the defensive stats but my guess would be that ATL is poor on pass D. It's a close call between Colston & CJ and would lean toward the better stat matchup.

Now back on me :D and Hightower vs LD White.

It seems to me the safer, more conservative pick is White. He's a bit more consistent in gaining at least 1 TD a game, while Hightower completely disappears from time to time.

My main concern with Hightower is the Cards will light it up early in the air and just sit on the ball for ther est of the game, really not needing to do anything on the ground. It's not unheard of this season for the Cards to score >35 points and all of it in the air. At least with White I know for sure the Titans will pound the ball.

Comment

Being a Chris Johnson owner, it pains me that LenDale White is a TD vulture. Last week, with the lead safe and the game in hand, Chris Johnson rested and LenDale White got the bulk of the carries in the second half. A similar situation could happen this week against the Browns.

I wish I had the Titans D.

Comment

Working...
              X