Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Thanksgiving - what are you thankful for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Thanksgiving - what are you thankful for?

I'm glad I can spend another Thanksgiving with my mother, who is 88. I hope she gets ESPN2.

I'm thankful I've got a nephew who works in the WSU Athletic Department and another nephew who goes to KSU and keeps pretty close tabs on what's going on with the athletic programs there.

We'll have something to talk about that will keep the conversation away from family stuff.

I'm glad that WSU BB seems to be headed in the right direction, but that's just gravy on the mashed potatoes. There are a lot of things in our lives that are more important than the results of WSU's BB games. I'm thankful I can recognize that and enjoy every win as something in my life that couldn't be there otherwise.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Family,Friends and Job

In that order

Comment

Phoebe Cates
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
        Phoebe Cates
        YES SIR!

Comment

Had to put my cat to sleep Monday. I`m thankful for the 10 years of fun & love she gave me & my family.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
            Had to put my cat to sleep Monday. I`m thankful for the 10 years of fun & love she gave me & my family.
            Nothing beats the love of a child or a cat curled up on your lap. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              Job
              Thank God for Blockbuster.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This year is special for me, after many years of trying (and my wife worrying for many more years due to health problems) we have twin girls on the way, due mid-to-late December. Our prayers were answered every step of the way and I couldn't be more thankful this year for this great thing God has done for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKDH7r7pjtA
                  I'm thankful for KU getting beat last night.

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane
                    This year is special for me, after many years of trying (and my wife worrying for many more years due to health problems) we have twin girls on the way, due mid-to-late December. Our prayers were answered every step of the way and I couldn't be more thankful this year for this great thing God has done for us!
                    :clap:
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                      Nothing beats the love of a child or a cat curled up on your lap. :cry:
                      I never listened to Bob Barker: Get your pet spayed or neutered.

Of course vets recommend before 6 months old & I never did that because I dont like people messing with my pets. :(

Comment

Not so thankfull about losing my wife a year and a half ago, but am thankfull to have my 2 kids, grandsons, greatgranddaughters and still healthy enough to do things I want to do. Here's wishing each and everyone of you a safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING. :D :D
                        If it feels good - do it!

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE
                          Not so thankfull about losing my wife a year and a half ago, but am thankfull to have my 2 kids, grandsons, greatgranddaughters and still healthy enough to do things I want to do. Here's wishing each and everyone of you a safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING. :D :D
                          Eagle, ShockerNet is thankful you're still with us.

It sounds like you had a long and rewarding life with your wife. The sad part about long and rewarding relationships is that they always have to end. We think we can go on forever with those we love and we want every available moment of our lives shared with them.

In the long run that just isn't possible. Every long-term relationship ends with someone losing a lover/roommate/friend/companion. It's tough to adjust to all the changes. It's tougher to adjust to the loss of someone who meant that much to you.

While I'm thankful I don't have to deal with what you're going through, I'd like to encourage you to count the things that you never would have had without your former wife and count the things she gave you on a spiritual level. Things you may never have had without her.

I think you will be thankful you had the long-term relationship. Everything has to end and it's never pain-free when things end.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

There are a bunch of threads like this over time. I didn't choose this one over any other, I simply thought there were a range of thoughts in here that allow us to reflect on how indeed lucky we are.

Some are still here, others departed, and many more have joined.

We all have much for which to be thankful. I think back to all the great people I've met over the years here...some gone, many more still around. Many whom I think about often that have struggled through the toughest of times. You know who you are and you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that all of you are enjoying prosperity; none of you are forgotten (8).

May we remember all of our families and friends, both here and passed, and may we give thanks to Him who allows us to enjoy these glorious times and remember that without His grace nothing is possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. Be safe and have a joyous Holiday.

Comment

22 years ago, well 22 years and 2 weeks ago, Mrs. pin was in a horrific auto accident. Airlifted, coma, broken neck, head trauma, all of the above. Amazingly, she survived, and more amazingly, survived virtually intact. Today we spend Thanksgiving with our 6 grandkids who might never have known her. I'm thankful.

Comment

Working...
                              X