NCAA and Indiana's MBB team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA and Indiana's MBB team

Former Indiana coach Sampson, now an assistant with the Milwaukee Bucks, received a five-year show-cause penalty -- one of the harshest the NCAA can levy against an individual.

Sampson, now an assistant with the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks, received a five-year show-cause penalty -- one of the harshest the NCAA can levy against an individual -- while the Hoosiers' program has been spared a postseason ban.

Indiana's self-imposed penalties were upheld but the Hoosiers also received three years' probation.
    "From the very beginning of these proceedings, we cooperated fully with the NCAA and, in fact, imposed severe recruiting penalties on our men's basketball program," Indiana president Michael McRobbie said. "Although I still believe the failure to monitor charge was unjustified, I am glad that the NCAA has accepted our self-imposed penalties with no further sanctions except a three-year probationary period."
    Seems rather weak considering the violations

8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Agreed
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
    X