Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civics Quiz

How well can you do?

The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%.
    Not so hot.

I got an 81. Sad, considering I double-majored in political science and journalism. It's been 7 years but still, wow.

Although...since I graduated college I've found myself interested in lots of other areas and not very interested in political science or journalism. Go figure.

Comment

90.9% Jefferson's dam letters!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Just for the record….I earned a 90.91%. I missed questions 27, 30 and 33. Admittedly, I was rushing and I feel embarrassed about two out of the three I answered incorrectly.

Good to see some people on this forum are far and away above the national average.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
          I got an 81. Sad, considering I double-majored in political science and journalism. It's been 7 years but still, wow.

Although...since I graduated college I've found myself interested in lots of other areas and not very interested in political science or journalism. Go figure.
          An 81 Charlie and you majored in poly-sci and journalism? I fear the journalism aspect of your education drove your score down a bit. :D Just kidding -- I have the same background.

Comment

I got a 78.787%. Not great, but I'll take it.

Comment

90.9%

Missed the Bill of Rights/anti Federalist question, the Puritans question and the public goods question, which is a bit embarrassing.

Comment

I got the same score as Maggie....but how in the world did you miss 30 and 33?

:D

Comment

75.76%

Considering my disdain for all things historical during my high school days, I guess I'll take it.

Comment

Missing three seems to be the "mode" for Shockernetters :good: I imagine if we took time our scores would have been somewhat higher.

Go Shocks!!!!

Comment

US elected officials scored 44% on average.

That's right. Ordinary citizens scored better than our elected leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

:cry: That my friends is irony...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Seriously,

As far as number 30 – I suppose I have a knee jerk reaction in the current climate to an increase in federal spending. I am not even sure I agree with the "right" answer.

As for 33 I have no excuse, except I was rushing the quiz; hence, my embarrassment.

What three questions did you miss?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

Question:

Blind leading the short sighted?

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
                              Originally posted by WuDrWu

Seriously,

As far as number 30 – I suppose I have a knee jerk reaction in the current climate to an increase in federal spending. I am not even sure I agree with the "right" answer.

As for 33 I have no excuse, except I was rushing the quiz; hence, my embarrassment.

What three questions did you miss?
                              #27, I'm blaming it on the fact I thought it was a trick question. ;-)

#13, I never had the patience for "the great thinkers".

#15......I didn't know Jefferson could even write?

Comment

Working...
                              X