No announcement yet.

Snyder To Return To Coach KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Colorado and Nebraska were competing for national championships, Kansas State wasn't beating them anyway. Early in that run, KU was strong under Mason as well. But in KSU's real run, between 97 and 03, KU, Mizzou and Iowa State were getting killed by everyone. Colorado was sometimes ranked, but not like they were in the early 90s. Nebraska was still elite.

The reason KSU had their great success is because they managed to beat the teams that were equal or less talented. That's not a knock. They got a lot of mileage out of it, and it's the same formula that many teams have tried to copy. But KSU could never consistently beat good teams. KSU beat a team ranked ahead of them only seven times from 1993 to 2003. They're record against the top ten was 3-18, and their record against the top 25 was below .500.

A lot of their success was helped because the rest of the north was so bad. Once the North got stronger, what happened to KSU (some of it with Snyder still there)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
      Originally posted by Indy23
      Originally posted by Cdizzle
      Originally posted by Indy23
      KSU is hoping Snyder can recapture the glory years, but they're going to have to go through another coaching search when he retires again in a few years. I'm sure they're hoping he'll lure a few top assistants who can take over for him, but the North is different than when Synder experienced his good years. KU, Missouri and Iowa State are actually trying. Nebraska and Colorado are still strong programs, and the Big XII South is the best division in college football.

It will get very interesting if Snyder doesn't bring immediate success. How much patience would they have with the guy after whom they named the stadium?
      The North has not changed. It is still horrible.
      Yeah, the South still dominates the North (the South dominates everyone), but there have been dramatic changes in the North, and these changes are particularly relevant because KSU is lagging behind.

Even back in 2002, the amount of money ISU, Mizzou and KU were putting into football isn't even close to what it is now. Since 2002, KU, Mizzou and Iowa State have all added football facilities or significant stadium upgrades. In that time, Mizzou won a Cotton Bowl and KU won an Orange Bowl. There is no comparison between the North of Snyder's days and the North of today. Top to bottom, it's much, much stronger.

Back in Snyder's glory days, KSU could count on wins from ISU, KU and Missouri. That is simply not the case anymore. KU is the dominant team in the state. Mizzou is becoming the dominant team in the North, and looks like they will be strong for a long time. Iowa State still kind of sucks, but you could argue that their future is brighter than KSU's. That's not even counting Colorado and Nebraska, which are strong programs.
      Declaring KU's football team as dominant in any facet is taking some serious liberties with reality.
      KU has won three straight against KSU. I'd consider that being the dominant in-state team. Obviously, that's not much of a title, but it is significant when the discussion is about KSU. KU is about an average team nationally. Perhaps if I were to use the word "strongest" it would appease you?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Wondering how the current players will react to Snyders style of play. Prince and Snyder are to totally different football styles
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
        X