American troops in Afghanistan through the eyes of a French

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American troops in Afghanistan through the eyes of a French

American troops in Afghanistan through the eyes of a French OMLT infantryman

I ran across this article and thought you all might enjoy it. A fine tribute, actually to all American soldiers across the world. A little different from the view of Americans by europeans that normally finds its way to the press.

I just had to laugh at this one-
    They have a terribly strong American accent - from our point of view the language they speak is not even English. How many times did I have to write down what I wanted to say rather than waste precious minutes trying various pronunciations of a seemingly common word?

Poodle?
    Toast?
    Frie? :D 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I couldn't help but smile at this one to:

Heavily built, fed at the earliest age with Gatorade, proteins and creatine - they are all heads and shoulders taller than us and their muscles remind us of Rambo. Our frames are amusingly skinny to them - we are wimps, even the strongest of us - and because of that they often mistake us for Afghans

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
        I couldn't help but smile at this one to:

Heavily built, fed at the earliest age with Gatorade, proteins and creatine - they are all heads and shoulders taller than us and their muscles remind us of Rambo. Our frames are amusingly skinny to them - we are wimps, even the strongest of us - and because of that they often mistake us for Afghans
        I bet we think about as highly of them as Afghans too. :D

Comment

What does it say when an Army's greatest asset is comprised entirely (minus officers) of foreigners ala the French Foreign Legion? There are always exceptions but by in large...

Yeah, I'm sterotyping.

RLTW!!!!

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi...
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
          X