Super-duper dart thingy - the Prequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super-duper dart thingy - the Prequel

We had 40 or 50 darters at American Legion Post 4 (by the downtown tag office) for our annual Turkey Shoot. We had a lot of players who brought kids for an all-you-can-eat traditional Thanksgiving meal. We had people who had family from out-of-state in Wichita and used this as their opportunity to be with family they seldom see.

We pretty much needed the 3,000 sq ft facility to set up tables for everyone to eat and set up 12 dart boards for the darters. It helps that the Commander of the post is a Korea vet (Marines) and plays darts and I'm an officer in the post (VietNam - Army).

One of the darters is taking a leave of absence from his job as a Wichita police officer to make his third tour of duty in Iraq. His wife went to the National playoffs for membership of the USA team last summer. She's never made the USA team, but was an alternate a couple of years ago.

The other nationally ranked player we were expecting was in Topeka for their super-duper dart thingy weekend tournament.

I am confident that if we could get the basketball team playing darts for fun that the FT % would improve. Solid stance, consistent pull-back, consistent stroke, consistent release, consistent follow-through are critical for throwing a dart accurately. Breath control is even a factor in a good dart throw. Doesn't that sound like the formula for a good FT?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

There here!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
    X