• Show
Clear All

• Sebelius for Energy Secretary?

What does everyone else think?

Re: Sebelius for Energy Secretary?

Originally posted by rrshock
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Won`t be any coal plants which means the coal industry will go out of business.

Comment

I think if this comes to be I'll need to find a second job to pay for energy costs, just so some emotion-over-logic nanny can sleep better at night.

I'd actually been hoping that KS would land a position within the BO admin simply to get her out of here, but if energy secretary is the offered position, I'd much rather she just stay put.

It's bad enough having her shape the State of Kansas' energy policies via the "invent criteria that doesn't even exist in Kansas statute" mode of governance. I can't imagine that ideology on a national stage.

On a sidenote, does anyone else recall her making an appearance at a WSU men's basketball game a few years ago? She was wearing a chartreuse business suit that made her look like a human-scale fishing lure, her husband appeared to strongly resemble Chewbacca with a sportcoat, and more people booed for her than clapped. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
          I think if this comes to be I'll need to find a second job to pay for energy costs, just so some emotion-over-logic nanny can sleep better at night.

I'd actually been hoping that KS would land a position within the BO admin simply to get her out of here, but if energy secretary is the offered position, I'd much rather she just stay put.

It's bad enough having her shape the State of Kansas' energy policies via the "invent criteria that doesn't even exist in Kansas statute" mode of governance. I can't imagine that ideology on a national stage.
          I too was hoping that she would get out of here, but am in agreement with you on that if it is this position, it's bad.

She waived a permit for a coal plant, then turned around and accepted a permit for a refinery in NE Kansas that would have polluted more than the coal plant. He policies are horse puckey and will only get worse if she gets to DC.

Comment

On a sidenote, does anyone else recall her making an appearance at a WSU men's basketball game a few years ago? She was wearing a chartreuse business suit that made her look like a human-scale fishing lure, her husband appeared to strongly resemble Chewbacca with a sportcoat, and more people booed for her than clapped. Good times!
            I do remember her being at the game a couple of years ago and I don't remember the game but for some reason I think it was a Bracketbusters game and we lost. I blamed her for it.
            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus

I do remember her being at the game a couple of years ago and I don't remember the game but for some reason I think it was a Bracketbusters game and we lost. I blamed her for it.
              George Mason. I believe she was wearing some shade of green.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                George Mason. I believe she was wearing some shade of green.

Comment

Working...
                X