Kline vs Tiller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kline vs Tiller

I still don't know what to think of how things have been handled by the state in this matter. I also don't want this to turn into an anti vs pro abortion discussion either. I really would like to know people's opinions on how the state apparently conducted witch hunts.

If what is put in there is true about people going to the attorney general's office after Kline left and asked for immunity because they had things that would get, apparently, alot of people in trouble, how is Kline still allowed to practice law?

I'm not a lawyer, and never wish to be one, but how far is too far?

The investigator, Jared Reed, gave absolutely no evidence that Kline did break the law. He said he thought Kline might be willing to break the law for a conviction. What does that mean? Is he a mind reader?

It is gut-wrenching to me that Kansas is one of the few states that allows late-term abortions - well past viability.

Comment

Update

Comment

ABC, like I said, I didn't want the "is abortion right or wrong" argument. I just want to know, if this information is correct, how Kline has not been dis-barred.

And on that update, the memo pretty much makes it out to be a witch hunt. They didn't have the proof needed, but kept on going anyways.

Comment

What has Kline done to get disbarred?

Pursue possible wrong doing? It was obviously uncovered, to wit 19 misdemeanor charges filed.

Judges approved the search warrants. So what is the problem?

If Tiller were a chemical company accused of polluting, there would be no controversey with the same set of facts.

Comment

With all due respect rr, if you don't want this thread to become an argument with one side versus the other, then perhaps you should frame your posts in a little more even-handed manner.

Your bias on this situation shows through about like a lighthouse on the dark side of the moon. You might recall, there are two main components to this trial- Kline's possible unethical overzealousness, and Tiller's possible willful deviation of the law.

You need to remember that Tiller is on trail here for basically circumvented all state abortion laws aimed at him in the past two decades, with nothing more than a nudge and a wink for our local law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby
              With all due respect rr, if you don't want this thread to become an argument with one side versus the other, then perhaps you should frame your posts in a little more even-handed manner.

Your bias on this situation shows through about like a lighthouse on the dark side of the moon. You might recall, there are two main components to this trial- Kline's possible unethical overzealousness, and Tiller's possible willful deviation of the law.

You need to remember that Tiller is on trail here for basically circumvented all state abortion laws aimed at him in the past two decades, with nothing more than a nudge and a wink for our local law enforcement.
              I know that Tiller is on trial and I don't agree with what he does. But I also don't agree with how the state went on the offensive with their pursuit of him. If they didn't have any proof, and they were using the 10 yr old girl as a reason, even though they knew it was in another state and charges had already been filed, then that appears fishy.

My question should have been...If Kline was unethical is his attempt to get Tiller, should he be put on trial and then possibly disbarred? Does that seem to work better?

Comment

How is Kline being unethical?

There is a state law that says Tiller must report these late term/under age abortions and he didn't do it.

What is so difficult about this?

LET ME REPEAT THAT A JUDGE ISSUED THE SEARCH WARRANTS - that pretty much takes away the issue of an unethical fishing expedition.

Comment

Working...
                X