Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing Set To Cut 800 jobs in 2009

1st notices on the 21st of this month

That's what happens when people like Karl Peterjohn get elected.

Comment

Do you really think 1 county commissioner caused this whole economic downturn to necessitate the layoff of Boeing employees?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
        Do you really think 1 county commissioner caused this whole economic downturn to necessitate the layoff of Boeing employees?
        Trust me when I say "No, ABC doesn't believe such things".
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Sorry, I missed the sarcasm. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
            Sorry, I missed the sarcasm. ;-)
            If you weren't lurking here last month to read the Peterjohn discussion, you probably wouldn't have gotten it.

I wonder if there are any other Sedgwick Co. ills that can be blamed on the tax watcher?

I would really like some sort of eating establishment located on my route between Buhler and WSU. Pizza Hut and Subway in Maize don't count. I blame it on Peterjohn! :D

Comment

Pizza Hut and Subway in Maize
              Hey you need to try Nancy's there in Maize.

Very good stuff.
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Is that just in Wichita or in their whole system? 800 really isn't many in the big sceme of things across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                  Is that just in Wichita or in their whole system? 800 really isn't many in the big sceme of things across the board.
                  Boeing to lay off 800 in 2009

WICHITA, Kansas – Boeing announced Wednesday that it will cut close to one third of its workforce in the coming year.
                  So, it's only here in Wichita.

And the layoffs are not because of the economy.

Boeing says the cuts are not due to the poor economy, but bad timing. The company’s international tanker program will end in 2009 as workers finish contracts for both the Japanese and Italian governments.

Comment

Working...
                  X