A Checklist Of Obama's Many Promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Checklist Of Obama's Many Promises

Here is a list so everyone can keep track over the next four years.

Good luck and have fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taxes

• Give a tax break to 95% of Americans.

• Restore Clinton-era tax rates on top income earners.

• "If you make under $250,000, you will not see your taxes increase by a single dime. Not your income taxes, not your payroll taxes, not your capital gains taxes. Nothing."

• Dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes.

• Give American businesses a $3,000 tax credit for every job they create in the U.S.

• Eliminate capital gains taxes for small business and startup companies.

• Eliminate income taxes for seniors making under $50,000.

• Expand the child and dependent care tax credit.

• Expand the earned income tax credit.

• Create a universal mortgage credit.

• Create a small business health tax credit.

• Provide a $500 "make work pay" tax credit to small businesses.

• Provide a $1,000 emergency energy rebate to families.

Energy

• Spend $15 billion a year on renewable sources of energy.

• Eliminate oil imports from the Middle East in 10 years.

• Increase fuel economy standards by 4% a year.

• Weatherize 1 million homes annually.

• Ensure that 10% of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012.

Environment

• Create 5 million green jobs.

• Implement a cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

• Get 1 million plug-in hybrids on the road by 2015.

Labor

• Sign a fair pay restoration act, which would overturn the Supreme Court's pay discrimination ruling.

• Sign into law an employee free choice act — aka card check — to make it easier for unions to organize.

• Make employers offer seven paid sick days per year.

• Increase the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour by 2009.

National security

• Remove troops from Iraq by the summer of 2010.

• Cut spending on unproven missile defense systems.

• No more homeless veterans.

• Stop spending $10 billion a month in Iraq.

• Finish the fight against Osama bin Laden and the al-Qaida terrorists.

Social Security

• Work in a "bipartisan way to preserve Social Security for future generations."

• Impose a Social Security payroll tax on incomes above $250,000.

• Match 50% of retirement savings up to $1,000 for families earning less than $75,000.

Education

• Demand higher standards and more accountability from our teachers.

Spending

• Go through the budget, line by line, ending programs we don't need and making the ones we do need work better and cost less.

• Slash earmarks.

Health care

• Lower health care costs for the typical family by $2,500 a year.

• Let the uninsured get the same kind of health insurance that members of Congress get.

• Stop insurance companies from discriminating against those who are sick and need care the most.

• Spend $10 billion over five years on health care information technology.
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

First off its 95% of working American families. Dont have time to look at the others , doubt I will since you didnt even care enough to get the 1st one right. Obama won get over!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Obama won get over!
      No kidding.

The world will be a much better and safer place and I am sure that the country will prosper under his leadership.

I am waiting for my $1,000.00 emergency energy rebate , I think that I will buy a toupee with it.
      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Re: A Checklist Of Obama's Many Promises

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
        Here is a list so everyone can keep track over the next for years.

Good luck and have fun.
        And not to mention balance the budget! :yes:

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
          First off its 95% of working American families.
          What would BO do without all those nifty little adjectives?

So what is "working" to BO? What exactly is a "family"?

I'm guessing that to an average dem, "working" ends at roughly $75K annual household, you know 'cause after that it's just fat cats and people who haven't had to do anything to get to that point, and "family" means any one human committed to any other warm-blooded, earth-bound organism.

Personally, I'm marrying my dog so I can at least meet one of BO's criteria. Hopefully, by getting rid of my fellow college-educated wife, I can then slip myself under the income criteria as well. Lower taxes for moi'! Hurray and huzzah!

Comment

Can someone post of list of Bush promises? If it looked something like this, I'd say "Mission Accomplished"!

1. Highest gas prices in history.

2. Spend hundreds of billions bailing out private businesses.

3. Lie to America and get us in 2 wars he can't win.

4. Worst unemployment numbers in recent memory.

5. Crash the housing market.

6. Line the pockets of oil company executives.

7. Tell America that the wars he can't win are "Mission Accomplished".

8. Divide the Republican Party and be the major reason why they went into the toilet this election.

9. Run the governemnt in to more debt than it's ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
              Can someone post of list of Bush promises? If it looked something like this, I'd say "Mission Accomplished"!

7. Tell America that the wars he can win are "Mission Accomplished".

8. Divide the Republican Party and be the major reason why they went into the toilet this election.

:clap: :good:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When did everyone decide Afghanistan was the wrong move? I must have missed the memo.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  When did everyone decide Afghanistan was the wrong move? I must have missed the memo.
                  I was just making a list of objectives...Didn't say any of them were right or wrong.

Comment

Man those Obama supporters sure do get defensive VERY fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                      Man those Obama supporters sure do get defensive VERY fast.
                      Ya, especially when 99% of the board is filled with right-wing claims.. :roll:

(I'm not an Obama supporter, per se)
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

wow Moose, you make Bush sound almost as bad as Jimmy Carter.
                        Only Carter gave us 10% unemployment, 21% interest rates, and 12% inflation. So I guess Bush doesn't sound so bad after all.
                        By the way, the old "Bush lied" line is getting very tired. Why can't you libs admit that Clinton and every other democRAT were saying the same things about Saddam and you don't call them liars?
                        I invented the cross-over dribble in the early 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace
                          Only Carter gave us 10% unemployment, 21% interest rates, and 12% inflation. So I guess Bush doesn't sound so bad after all.
                          By the way, the old "Bush lied" line is getting very tired. Why can't you libs admit that Clinton and every other democRAT were saying the same things about Saddam and you don't call them liars?
                          I love that high interest rate. I cashed in about $10k in savinges bonds not too long ago from the last 70's early 80's thanks to those rates!

I'll take a bad economy any day over a president lying to get us involved in worthless wars.

Comment

7. Tell America that the wars he can't win are "Mission Accomplished".

:yes:
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelace
                              I love that high interest rate. I cashed in about $10k in savinges bonds not too long ago from the last 70's early 80's thanks to those rates!

I'll take a bad economy any day over a president lying to get us involved in worthless wars.
                              You may get your wish.

Even most of the zealous liberals I know don't think the war on the Taliban and Al Qaeda was "worthless". You went over the top with that comment. It implies you think 9/11 was an inside job and gives you zero credibility.

Instead of thumping Bush, which is fine for another thread if that is your thing, tell us how many of those promises or variations thereof President Obama will keep. Shirley asks a legitimate question and didn't strike me as someone flaming the president elect. You can be a watchdog and be non partisan.

Comment

Working...
                              X