No announcement yet.

'Why Believe in a God? Just be Good' Ads Set to Run in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we would be better off if a few stopped believing in their God and decided to just be good. Of course their good would probably be just as screwy as their God.
    In the fast lane

Comment

One should not confuse being religious with being righteous. I know several truly holy men/women who are non-christians.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
        Originally posted by Maggie
        Originally posted by rjl
        I would say that W.F. Buckly's contention that he believes in God because it's easier than not believing is more of an "explanation of why" than a "reason to".

Not sure if I'd call this advertising campaign atheistic missionary work or not.

Choice One: It could be preaching atheism for the most obvious of reasons: that's what it appears to be doing. Of course, when you ask the question "Why?" and come up blank, it indicates the intent might lie with the second choice.

Choice Two: It could be just reaching out to those who don't believe in God and telling them that it's OK, and that believing in a religion doesn't inherently make you any more of a "good person" than being a mechanic does.

This is not to say there are only two choices, but those are the most obvious ones.
        Think more...and read more...your writing might be more, lets say informed....

This coming from someone who has "left" God.....I guess.
        I keep it simple because, at its base level, it's a simple discussion that often gets clouded in battles of presumed intellectuality.
        That's fair. Good point.

Comment

Working...
        X