High Gas prices coming back, thanks Barry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by double dribble
    Not to beat a dead horse or kick a dead horse square in the grapes for that matter, but until the past 18 months, market speculators have not been the biggest player in oil prices. The game has changed. Even the mention of opening more drilling avenues sends the speculators running. So the people invested in high oil prices seem to think drilling here will have an impact. And their fear has had a dramatic effect on the price of oil already.
    Again, the price of oil is not simply effected by supply and demand, but by the market investors speculating as well.
    Also, it is beyond me how anyone can argue that more supply has little or no effect on the price. By opening more drilling here, we create jobs, we effect the market, dropping the price, and we are assured that the drilling is done in an environmentally safe way.
    So why not?
    Simply because it takes to long without guaranteed results. Better to invest on alternatives and alternative research. Speculators left because of the global collapse. As consumption came down they lost their behinds. Simply put without the need for goods and services petroleum products(gas, plastics etc )arent as much in demand. 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
      Originally posted by double dribble
      Not to beat a dead horse or kick a dead horse square in the grapes for that matter, but until the past 18 months, market speculators have not been the biggest player in oil prices. The game has changed. Even the mention of opening more drilling avenues sends the speculators running. So the people invested in high oil prices seem to think drilling here will have an impact. And their fear has had a dramatic effect on the price of oil already.
      Again, the price of oil is not simply effected by supply and demand, but by the market investors speculating as well.
      Also, it is beyond me how anyone can argue that more supply has little or no effect on the price. By opening more drilling here, we create jobs, we effect the market, dropping the price, and we are assured that the drilling is done in an environmentally safe way.
      So why not?

Simply because it takes to long without guaranteed results. Better to invest on alternatives and alternative research. Speculators left because of the global collapse. As consumption came down they lost their behinds. Simply put without the need for goods and services petroleum products(gas, plastics etc )arent as much in demand. 8)
      KC, how long is too long? If it takes 5 - 10 years to get the oil flowing at 100%, do you not think we will need oil 5-10 years from now? And as for investing in alternative energy, I am with you, BUT I think we can do both. Let the oil companies spend their money to drill, they are happy to do it. That is what they do.
      If the govt or any private company wants to invest in research for alternative energy, then go for it. Who ever figures it out first will get rich beyond belief. That is how a free market works. But we dont have to choose one or the other.
      Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

It does make lots of sense that if you produce more of a product, the price of that product will go down (holding demand constant.)

What is so difficult to understand about this proposition?

Are there folks realy arguing that they'd be ok with gas prices that are higher than they need to be, 10 years from now?

Comment

And if the anti oil people hadn't been listened to 10 or so years ago this wouldn't be quite the issue it is now. Gas wasn't bad then so nobody cared enough and the environuts always say it'll be 10+ years. Had we started drilling 10 years ago we'd be in better shape now. I bet we're having this same conversation in another 10 years...
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
          X