Obama cant be too bad ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama cant be too bad ...

He wants to have a college football playoff. ;-)

“I think it is about time that we had playoffs in college football,” Obama said Monday on ESPN. “I’m fed up with these computer rankings and this and that and the other. Get eight teams – the top eight teams right at the end. You got a playoff. Decide on a national champion.”

Sounds like a good plan to me instead of the Hodge-Podge system they have now.

Too many 'Bowl' games are played. It reduces the quality that a bowl game is suppose to represent.

Comment

This may be the first good idea he's had.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Jeez, if he only would have had that as the basis of his campaign I might have.........
        Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Hmmm....deciding the winner based upon performance and not entitlement......now THAT is an idea based upon change.

Let's hope it is not the last one like that.

:good:

Comment

It will be. You really think the Big 6 will allow a group of teams to invade their cash cow?

IF they used the BCS rankings to determine the Top 8, and those 8, with no restrictions (meaning 3 Big 12 teams if it were right now, and UTAH) then it would be fair. But the ACC would not have a team in it, and would lose tens of millions of dollars because of it.

It's MONEY! That is the root of all athletics now, not fairness.

Comment

What happens when all of these corporations that are cost cutting slash their advertising budget and quit sponsoring bowls?
              Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                What happens when all of these corporations that are cost cutting slash their advertising budget and quit sponsoring bowls?
                They won't. All that name recognition. That is "high priority" for them. They get a lot of bang for their buck by sponsoring these bowls. (It would be like asking them to NOT give their top executives GIANT bonuses.)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                  Thats when we get the change the BO keeps talking about. We'll have the Jihad Sugar Bowl, and the Al-Jazeera Orange Bowl, and the Bin-Laden Rose Bowl, and for his fallen friend the Saddam Memorial Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                  X