Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas backup center dropped for posting inflammatory text

Burnett apologizes to teammates for Facebook incident

Backup center Buck Burnette has apologized to his now former teammates for posting an inflammatory text message regarding President-elect Barack Obama on his Facebook account.
    According to those who saw the Facebook page, Burnette updated his Facebook status shortly after Obama was elected president Tuesday night and wrote that hunters should now gather because of who would be in the White House. One of the people who claimed to have seen Burnette’s original post said it also included a racial slur. Others saw what Burnette wrote and posted comments on other sites, encouraging their friends to shut down his page.

Re: Texas backup center dropped for posting inflammatory tex

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
    Burnett apologizes to teammates for Facebook incident

Backup center Buck Burnette has apologized to his now former teammates for posting an inflammatory text message regarding President-elect Barack Obama on his Facebook account.
    According to those who saw the Facebook page, Burnette updated his Facebook status shortly after Obama was elected president Tuesday night and wrote that hunters should now gather because of who would be in the White House. One of the people who claimed to have seen Burnette’s original post said it also included a racial slur. Others saw what Burnette wrote and posted comments on other sites, encouraging their friends to shut down his page.
    The "shaved head" is telling(?)

stereotypes, stereotypes, stereotypes...... :whistle:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

He should join the black dude in the Eagle yesterday that said he "wanted a brother in the White House".

Did anyone call that guy out?
      Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shocrates
        He should join the black dude in the Eagle yesterday that said he "wanted a brother in the White House".

If he wanted a brother in the White House, he shouldn't have done such a bad job when he was in it.

How is that for calling him out?

Comment

Alright, props bro.....that was funny. :)

There still is a double standard that no one wants to have a conversation about.
          Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Alright, props bro.....that was funny. :)

There still is a double standard that no one wants to have a conversation about.
            There is plenty of that BS from both sides - there is no doubt. We would all be alot better off if we spent more time looking for things to agree on than we did looking for things to argue about. On that count, I have been as guilty as anyone.

Shocker Basketball cannot start soon enougth.

:good:

Comment

What's wrong with someone wanting a brother in the White House? Did the guy in the Eagle make racial slur and tell "all the hunters gather up, we have a ... in the whitehouse"? I won't repeat what he said.

Texas' Buck Burnette Learns Why Racist Obama Facebook Updates Are Dumb

Comment

If I, as a white man in a public interview, said I wanted a white man in the white house, the NAACP would be knocking at my door.

Not the same as a racial slur, but still a double standard.
                Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                  If I, as a white man in a public interview, said I wanted a white man in the white house, the NAACP would be knocking at my door.
                  I very seriously doubt that. But since you did post that on this public forum, let us know if you hear them knocking on your door.

Comment

So you are saying it's okay for both races to say that?

And I hope you are joking about the public forum, because that is not my thought process.
                    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

It was a joke because I know they wouldn't knock on your door. Besides, they'd have to know where you stay. But I don't see anything wrong with a white man wanting a white man (or woman) in the White House. Or a black man or woman wanting a black man or woman in the White House. Or any other race wanting their race in the White House.

Comment

Hello.

Saying you want a white person or black person as a president albeit very stupid because it realy shouldnt matter is NO WHERE near the same level of telling somebody what this "person" said

If you truely believe that then you should really take a long look at ending your own existence

Comment

Never said they were equal, the Texas skinhead should be dropped off in East St. Louis. But is it okay for black people to use that slur against each other? Because I hear it all the time in rap music. Their ancestors that spilled blood and sweat to get rid of that hatred and vocabulary would be disgusted.

As far as the white house comment, if Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh said they wanted a white guy in the white house, they would be crucified by the media. This guy says it reversed in the paper and no one bats an eye.

Do I really have to end my own existence?

Comment

Never said they were equal,
                            Good

But is it okay for black people to use that slur against each other? Because I hear it all the time in rap music. Their ancestors that spilled blood and sweat to get rid of that hatred and vocabulary would be disgusted.
                            No its not But I dont really care. I worry about myself and if other people want to act like ignorant assholes I let them. Also I doubt you listen to any rap music what so ever. Outside of what Bill O Reilly plays for you. You dont hear that word on TV nor on the Radio. But my suggestion is to find a new artist that doesnt use those words like Blackalicious or The Roots. I have a list of others you may want to listen to outside of your current selection

As far as the white house comment, if Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh said they wanted a white guy in the white house, they would be crucified by the media. This guy says it reversed in the paper and no one bats an eye.
                            Well Rush Limbaugh has a history of saying racist things. But I digress.
                            Who made the comment in the Eagle? was it a columnist? or just a quote from somebody they interviewed? Sorry didnt read it. But if it was a columnist then he should re-evaluate things.

Comment

Actually I do like rap music, just not a bunch of f bombs and racial slurs. Unfortunately where I hear it are on MySpace startups and browsing through Itunes.
                              Rap is the best music to work out to. PM me with some good recommendations and I'll download it.

It was a group of people the paper interviewed. They took their picture and their name, asked them who they voted for and why. By all accounts, it was completely unedited.

Comment

Working...
                              X