The GOP Looking at Its Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock
    A Romney nomination will never go anywhere.
    That very well might be the case, but I'm curious why you think that. I'll be honest with you that I didn't follow the republican nomination process as closely as you all seem to have, so you probably know much more about him that I do.

Comment

The Republicans are going to be doomed again if they let independents and Democrats vote in their early primaries. The conservatives did not nominate John McCain, the moderates and woosies did. Take away John McCain's military service and you had Joe Lieberman.

I would rather have a democrat in the White house forever, as long as we had a majority in either house to keep anything from passing. Gridlock is a good thing and is why the 90's were prosperous. Because Washington wasn't gumming up the works on the private sector. I'm not speaking from a national security standpoint obviously, but from an economic standpoint, this would be ideal.

When you talk about national security, well, the 90's was a catasrophe.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by notmyeye
        A Romney nomination will never go anywhere.
        That very well might be the case, but I'm curious why you think that. I'll be honest with you that I didn't follow the republican nomination process as closely as you all seem to have, so you probably know much more about him that I do.
        Yeah I'd like to know your reasoning as well. I got a pretty up close look at the man and politician since he served as my governor. This guy is very smart, speaks common sense, is a true fiscal conservative and has great ideas. I do question whether his religous affiliation will sadly get in the way of things.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
          I do question whether his religous affiliation will sadly get in the way of things.
          There you have it.

Comment

I never figured out what religion McCain & Obama belonged to. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
              The religion of power.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Originally posted by BenWSU
                The religion of power.
                Thus Obama is the anti Christ??? 8)

Comment

Gingrich to Chair RNC?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Only one hope for GOP
                    Get the latest on films, fitness, and news from Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Only one man can take the pain! :D 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I do question whether his religous affiliation will sadly get in the way of things.
                      There you have it.
                      I don't know, Barack's religious affiliations didn't seem to hurt him so much...
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                        There you have it.

I don't know, Barack's religious affiliations didn't seem to hurt him so much...
                        Yeah but you only get that treatment if you have (D) besides your name.

Comment

Working...
                        X