The GOP Looking at Its Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GOP Looking at Its Future

Who will lead the GOP? Four very popular governors may lead the way. And I think they probably should
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I like Sanford and also former 2-term NM governor Gary Johnson.

Comment

Well you can scratch Charlie Crist from that list. He is a Govenor in name only.

I think he was only elected because people remembered Jeb Bush and thought Crist would be a strong Govenor as well. Surprise, surprise... if it weren't for the social functions, Crist would be lost.

He will have a difficult time just getting re-elected here in Florida. This time it will be on his record, not Jeb Bush's.

All my opinion, of course.

Comment

Anybody (ABC maybe) think Ron Thornburg is a rising political star in Kansas?
        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

I think it's a real possibility Brownback will make a strong play for Gov. Jerry Moran will fill his Senate seat. At least that's what the riddle from the Oracle at Delhpi leads me to believe. ABC any thoughts?
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
            I think it's a real possibility Brownback will make a strong play for Gov. Jerry Moran will fill his Senate seat. At least that's what the riddle from the Oracle at Delhpi leads me to believe. ABC any thoughts?
            I think that makes a lot of sense and could definitely play out.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              Originally posted by DUShock
              I think that makes a lot of sense and could definitely play out.
              I think that has been the plan for the past couple of years now. Moran would be a very fine person to have as a state senator. He is still in touch with the people here and appears to have his head screwed on straight. I hope it works out this way. He'd be a very popular senator amongst both the Dems and Reps.

Comment

Bobby Jindal would be a good leader. I am still a fan of Romney. I like the ideas of Palin, but think that she has been pretty much lampooned by this election cycle that she cannot be a credible candidate.

We can't run any more Senators for president. They never work. We need to find Governors. They seem to do well.

We need to find constitutionalists that will roll back power to the states and get it away from Washington.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez
                  Bobby Jindal would be a good leader. I am still a fan of Romney. I like the ideas of Palin, but think that she has been pretty much lampooned by this election cycle that she cannot be a credible candidate.

We can't run any more Senators for president. They never work. We need to find Governors. They seem to do well.

We need to find constitutionalists that will roll back power to the states and get it away from Washington.
                  :clap:
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez

Too bad Huckabee is such a nice guy...don't think he has the stomach for Washington, but man, he makes sense.
                    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Anyone believe Romney/Huckabee ticket would`ve won this year???

Comment

No
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          No
                          Ditto.

Comment

Bobby Jindal would be an awesome president! The White House needs more exorcisms!

On a more serious note, I liked Romney the best out of the last batch of Republican contenders. If he was the VP instead of Palin, McCain could have gotten more traction throughout the economic mess.

Comment

Originally posted by notmyeye
                              On a more serious note, I liked Romney the best out of the last batch of Republican contenders. If he was the VP instead of Palin, McCain could have gotten more traction throughout the economic mess.
                              A Romney nomination will never go anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X