Internet censorship in our future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet censorship in our future?

This isn't about the U.S., but this stuff doesn't begin or exist in a vacuum.

"Internet entrepreneur Andrew Keen believes that the anonymity of today's internet 2.0 will give way to a more open internet 3.0 in which third party gatekeepers monitor the information posted on Web sites to verify its accuracy."
    Monitoring means "more open"? :shock:

This is the type of thinking that scares me.

Chinese communism. :(

Comment

Big brother is watching...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Big brother is watching...
        Always, everywhere. My job is really bad about it too.

Comment

Scarey! 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Doesn't this monitoring already exist under the patriot act???...

Comment

Companies already deploy black boxes capable of scanning .jpg images for flesh tones, scan emails for leaks of corporate information and signs of insider trading, and if necessary download agents on your desktop or laptop that can detect every movement in your system including copyging files to thumb driives.

The same agents can be installed so that if you laptop is stolen and even if the hard drive is formatted, the system can phone home to report its location.

Betweem the information Google has on you and what DHS can get on you from the service providers, censorship is the last thing you should worry about.

Some of you should be VERY worried now that the new administration is on it's way in and you know who you are..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I don't equate this to private institutions monitoring the traffic they pay for. I'm talking about the idea of "3rd-party" monitors judging the accuracy of internet postings (ie. blogs and message boards).

How would you like to have a blog and have some net monitor tell you to change or take it down because he doesn't agree with your conclusion/position/opinion?

Comment

Working...
                X