Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Obama? (since everybody was so concerned)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Obama? (since everybody was so concerned)

Why Obama? I think he better addressed the issues that matter to me.

I have a meeting in a few minutes, but here is a quick rundown (hopefully can expand on this later tonight or tomorrow)

1. Foreign Policy- We need to mend the fences that Bush tore down. We need to spend less money on the war machine and Irag, and focus our time and money on getting Bin Laden.

2. Economy- We need to ditch the Reaganomics. Tax cuts for the middle class if and when our country can afford them (not now). We need to regulate the banking industry since they did so poorly regulating themselves.

3. Environment- We need to face the issues instead of acting like they don't exist or are not man made. Solar, Wind, maybe even clean coal or nuclear. I actually was happy that McCain agreed.

4. Education- We are falling behind the rest of the world. Properly funding education makes us much stronger in the long run.

I'm not a tax and spend liberal. I'm probably more of a social democrat and a fiscal conservative.

I think that way too many people waste their votes by strictly voting on social issues that don't matter.

Abortion law isn't changing. Bush has a conservative court right now, and I don't see anybody changing anything. If the court actually did reverse Roe v. Wade, then how would they get all of the sheep to keep voting?

Gay Rights/marriage. I don't see why people get so worked up. It doesn't effect me, so if people want to get married to a same sex partner, then whatever.

Gun Rights. I'm not taking your guns. I don't care. Just try not to shoot yourself. I would like some restrictions to keep guns out of felons hands. If that means you have to wait a week to buy your gun, tough luck.

God/church. I don't think people should vote one way or another purely based upon what your pastor told you. I believe that each person's relationship with god is private/personal. I don't want to hear about yours, and I'm not explaining mine.

I think Obama better serves those ideals, so I voted for him. Hope that helps the nutjobs!! i'll try to get on later tonight to rebut and expand.
    I ain't fallin fo no banana in tha tailpipe

Re: Why Obama? (since everybody was so concerned)

Originally posted by emcfizzle
    Why Obama? I think he better addressed the issues that matter to me.

I have a meeting in a few minutes, but here is a quick rundown (hopefully can expand on this later tonight or tomorrow)

1. Foreign Policy- We need to mend the fences that Bush tore down. We need to spend less money on the war machine and Irag, and focus our time and money on getting Bin Laden.

2. Economy- We need to ditch the Reaganomics. Tax cuts for the middle class if and when our country can afford them (not now). We need to regulate the banking industry since they did so poorly regulating themselves.

3. Environment- We need to face the issues instead of acting like they don't exist or are not man made. Solar, Wind, maybe even clean coal or nuclear. I actually was happy that McCain agreed.

4. Education- We are falling behind the rest of the world. Properly funding education makes us much stronger in the long run.

I'm not a tax and spend liberal. I'm probably more of a social democrat and a fiscal conservative.

I think that way too many people waste their votes by strictly voting on social issues that don't matter.

Abortion law isn't changing. Bush has a conservative court right now, and I don't see anybody changing anything. If the court actually did reverse Roe v. Wade, then how would they get all of the sheep to keep voting?

Gay Rights/marriage. I don't see why people get so worked up. It doesn't effect me, so if people want to get married to a same sex partner, then whatever.

Gun Rights. I'm not taking your guns. I don't care. Just try not to shoot yourself. I would like some restrictions to keep guns out of felons hands. If that means you have to wait a week to buy your gun, tough luck.

God/church. I don't think people should vote one way or another purely based upon what your pastor told you. I believe that each person's relationship with god is private/personal. I don't want to hear about yours, and I'm not explaining mine.

I think Obama better serves those ideals, so I voted for him. Hope that helps the nutjobs!! i'll try to get on later tonight to rebut and expand.
    I almost fainted. Well done. Obviously, I don't agree with all of it, but it was an honest, intelligently written statement of position. BRAVO

Comment

Re: Why Obama? (since everybody was so concerned)

Originally posted by emcfizzle
      We need to ditch the Reaganomics.
      No. We need to return to Reaganomics.

Comment

I don't have a lot of time either -- but here you go....

This is a mere talking point and I am not sure what that means. It is simplistic at best. I am less concerned on how we are perceived in the world and more concerned that we act in our own best interests.

The banking industry is highly regulated already – despite what you read it was and is not the root of the problems we face today. On taxes - The person you voted for campaigned on the fact that he was going to give tax cuts to the middle class – however he might define them. On Reaganomics -- that was "ditched" long ago.

Energy is important. But don’t you think we should exploit our own oil reserves as much as possible while at the same time exploring alternative sources. As for coal and nuclear energy – has Obama really pledged to expand those resources?

We fund education enough – money is not the problem.

Swell.

Fine. Fair enough and it cuts both ways.

Huh? Your point?

Fine. I don’t care what someone’s sexual orientation is unless they are sitting in my lap – so what?

Don’t we have laws like that already in many states?

Fine.

Good. Look forward to it.

Seriously – I do.

Best regards,

Nutjob… ;-)

Comment

And trust me, the banking industry is highly regulated. The number of hoops we have to go through for basic crap is ridiculous.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What Maggie said.

Comment

... and what SubGod22 said. :good:
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'd like to add a ditto as for for Maggie.

Comment

i agree with this guy. People make such a big deal outta keeping their guns. But honestly, what are you going to do an AK47 that's stashed in your closet? And if you do anything with it, i can't think of a thing that would be good.
                  "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                  Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by wsushockerdude
                    i agree with this guy. People make such a big deal outta keeping their guns. But honestly, what are you going to do an AK47 that's stashed in your closet? And if you do anything with it, i can't think of a thing that would be good.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      And trust me, the banking industry is highly regulated. The number of hoops we have to go through for basic crap is ridiculous.
                      The Wall Street investment banking industry is a different breed than say Intrust. They've resorted to bringing in world-renown mathmeticians to dream up these "exotic" financial experiments (i.e. mortage default swaps) that no one understands and are totally unregulated by anyone. Heck your garden variety derivative instruments are hardly regulated. The good old FDIC examiners wouldn't even know what they are dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie

This is a mere talking point and I am not sure what that means. It is simplistic at best. I am less concerned on how we are perceived in the world and more concerned that we act in our own best interests.
                        I guess isolationism is best. Who needs cooperation in trade deals, economic crises, or military matters. There is a globalisation in matters economic, our economy depends on others. To deny this is not only silly but dangerous. We are under the worlds microscope, and like it or not when we act in a way that is out of line we risk suffering adverse consequences.

8)
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                          Originally posted by Maggie

I guess isolationism is best. Who needs cooperation in trade deals, economic crises, or military matters. There is a globalisation in matters economic, our economy depends on others. To deny this is not only silly but dangerous. We are under the worlds microscope, and like it or not when we act in a way that is out of line we risk suffering adverse consequences.

8)
                          I didn’t write anything about isolationism. Only that countries, particularly my own, should act in their own best interests – even if, “world opinion” may disapprove.

In fact, I don’t believe in isolationism at all; however, I also believe that there are some in this country that overestimate, at times, the reach and power of the United States.

A topic like this deserves a thread of its own.

Comment

Working...
                          X