Sometimes we get what we deserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Ok, someone set me straight on Israel. I was under the impression that the current nation of Israel is comprised mostly of converted Jews that came from eastern Europe/Ukraine and not decendents of the original 12 tribes.
    There has always been Jews living in present day Israel. They were committing acts of terrorism against the British to try and gain their independence. There also have been DNA studies of the scattering of Jews from around the world to study the concept of common Jewish origin. Evidently there are genetic markers that only Jewish people have.

If that is true, why would God care whether the United States supported that country?
    If you believe in "replacement theology" then you believe that the church has replaced Israel in God's plan of salvation and they are no longer God's chosen people - If you subscribe to that theology then you probably don't care about Israel.

I personally don't accept replacement theology. There are plenty of articles with arguments for and against replacement theology. No need for me to try and organize them here, here is site that explains why replacement theology is wrong.

I have heard stories that there is a growing movement in Israel where Jews are coming to accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, they are calling themselves followers of Yeshua.

Therefore, if you don't believe in Replacement theory then you should care about the Jewish people because there are plenty of God's warnings of abandoning Israel - Genesis 12:3 "I will bless those who bless you and those who curse you, I will curse".

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
      Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Ok, someone set me straight on Israel. I was under the impression that the current nation of Israel is comprised mostly of converted Jews that came from eastern Europe/Ukraine and not decendents of the original 12 tribes.
      There has always been Jews living in present day Israel. They were committing acts of terrorism against the British to try and gain their independence. There also have been DNA studies of the scattering of Jews from around the world to study the concept of common Jewish origin. Evidently there are genetic markers that only Jewish people have.

If that is true, why would God care whether the United States supported that country?
      If you believe in "replacement theology" then you believe that the church has replaced Israel in God's plan of salvation and they are no longer God's chosen people - If you subscribe to that theology then you probably don't care about Israel.

I personally don't accept replacement theology. There are plenty of articles with arguments for and against replacement theology. No need for me to try and organize them here, here is site that explains why replacement theology is wrong.

I have heard stories that there is a growing movement in Israel where Jews are coming to accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, they are calling themselves followers of Yeshua.

Therefore, if you don't believe in Replacement theory then you should care about the Jewish people because there are plenty of God's warnings of abandoning Israel - Genesis 12:3 "I will bless those who bless you and those who curse you, I will curse".
      :good:
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
      X