No announcement yet.

Election Results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop the fighting for one night, please! We have a new democratic president, like it or not.

it's an historic night for America and we should stop the fighting for once.

Comment

Well look at the bright side, 4 years of Jimmy Carter brought us Ronald Reagan (the greatest president of all time). So after 4 years of Barry Carter, maybe we will get another Ronald Reagan.
      12% inflation, 10% unemployment, and 21% interest rates Here we come baby! :good:
      Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

McCain just made the best speech of his entire campaign. Too bad it came a few hours too late..
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
          History was made tonight! :yahoo:

Republicans are still crying about the end of the world on this site...sorry fellas, Obama isn't winning by a landslide just by dumb luck, Bush F'd this country up and the majority feel it's time for a major change....you are the minority, get used to it.
          Bush didn't do it alone. Every politician who votes for unconstitutional bills has contributed. That would include just about everyone from both parties. We need some legislators who aren't politicians (ie more interested in doing the right thing than getting re-elected)

I agree whole-heartedly that we absolutely do not need another Bush, but not all change is the same. Some change means getting back on the right road, other change simply takes us down a different incorrect one.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Well, the messiah has been elected. I now look forward to the blissful happiness expected by his flock. Peace all over the world, the end of global warming, the end of unemployment, the end of poverty, healthcare for everyone for free, lower taxes, robust economic growth, a balanced budget and end to the deficit and peace and harmony across the world.

What a wonderful world it will be. I hope we can find jobs for all our military since we obviously won't need them any longer.

11, now that your boy has been elected, can you provide me with your expectations of an Obama led government?

By the way, McCain just gave a superior speech, and if you missed Juan Williams thoughts on Fox you missed a special moment in time. It moved me.
            I forgot, McCain would have been the answer to every problem. All of these things would have been accomplished if McCain had been elected. America must been pretty stupid then..

And after that speech, I feel like we should stop the bitterness and arguing and just enjoy the moment. We're still all Americans.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
              No matter what the majority of Shockernet says, this Country has come a long ways. This is an historical night. The muti-racial celebration going on right now is a wonderful sight.

:good: :good: :good: :good: 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I really dont get why all you Mccain supporter are so bitter. Didnt you see this coming? Or were you puting your hopes on some miracle?
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                  I really dont get why all you Mccain supporter are so bitter. Didnt you see this coming? Or were you puting your hopes on some miracle?
                  Son, you will never understand. :cry:
                  SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                    If you had a loved one who was headed down the wrong path but were powerless to stop them, would you care any less?

Comment

• If you watch BBC America (channel 204 on Cox), you can get Britain's perspective on the election.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                        Who is bitter? When people come on here and flame I am going to defend.
                        Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

• flame? you were doing it to the president elect the whole time before today

Comment

• I'm a VietNam era vet and an officer in the American Legion.

I've studied enough history that I understand no one has ever won a war in Afghanistan. Afghanis never quit fighting. The tribal warlords swear allegiance to whatever is the more powerful group in their area at any point in time. The USSR spent 20 years trying to "conquer" Afghanistan.

We are in 2 of the dumbest "conflicts" our country has ever been involved with. I've been trained to respect the chain of command. Bush is the current Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces.

When my fellow members of the armed forces are asked to sacrifice their lives for our country, I want to know what we are getting in return for those irreplaceable lives. If we are ever to leave Afghanistan or Iraq, I want to know how we're going to get the last couple of thousand troops out. The last guys out are likely to be on a suicide mission.

There is nothing we could have done that was more likely to increase the membership of AlQuida than to invade 2 countries in the area where terrorists are created.

The lives of my fellow servicemen are being spent and the only likely result is to increase the number of terrorists who hate the USA and want to damage our country in ways we can't predict.

I have the greatest respect for the servicemen who are fighting our wars. I have less respect for those who sent them to war, condemned 10,000 or 20,000 of them to death, and likely created an increased risk of terrorism in the future.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It is funny how all of the bitter liberals who had such seething hatred for Bush all this time, now they can't understand why conservatives don't want to join in and sing cumbaya with them.
                              Hey boys and girls, enjoy it while you can, but the fight starts tomorrow to win back control. This is how you guys did it for the last 8 years, so expect nothing less. We will make it as difficult as possible for the libs to get their agenda through. If we have enough to filibuster, you will not get a single court appointee through, just like the libs did to Bush.
                              The shoe is on the other foot now, so hit me with your best shot.
                              Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

• Originally posted by double dribble
                                Well look at the bright side, 4 years of Jimmy Carter brought us Ronald Reagan (the greatest president of all time).

This hope, and the drive of the hard working American spirit, are a couple of reasons that I will get up and face the saddest political day in my lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X