This type of thing is absolutely infuriating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This type of thing is absolutely infuriating

Depending on his mental disability, could he be confused? Just asking from a questioning standpoint?

Comment

I thought about that, but he's been voting since he was 18. I also wondered if perhaps he could have made up the accusation, but in my experienced with the mentally disabled, they are usually quite honest, unless they fear getting in trouble for something they did.

I've heard of similar shennanigans happening to the very elderly, too.

Comment

Mayor Daley's playbook is alive and well everywhere!
        Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          I thought about that, but he's been voting since he was 18. I also wondered if perhaps he could have made up the accusation, but in my experienced with the mentally disabled, they are usually quite honest, unless they fear getting in trouble for something they did.

I've heard of similar shennanigans happening to the very elderly, too.
          I have as well.

But sometimes you really just have to think about those things. Sane people lie all the time about this kind of stuff, so why wouldn't someone that is insane?

I haven't made a decision on this yet, but still think it is a little fishy.

Comment

To expand on what I said before. My experience with the mentally disabled is that they are honest almost to a fault, unless they are embarassed by something they did and don't want anyone to know.

Growing up, our school system took in a lot of the area's mentally disabled. I also have a family member on my wife's side who was born with a mental disability.

I guess what I'm saying is that from what I've observed they don't think in such a way that they would make it up. Could they have misunderstood what actually happened? Absolutely. But since he's voted many times before, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              But sometimes you really just have to think about those things. Sane people lie all the time about this kind of stuff, so why wouldn't someone that is insane?
              Mentally disabled people are different from mentally insane.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                Originally posted by rrshock
                Mentally disabled people are different from mentally insane.
                True. I used the wrong term. How about supposedly "normal mentally" would be a better term.

Comment

Working...
                X