Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaufmann stadium

The renovations in the outfield are starting to take shape:

The official MLB.com blog of the Kansas City Royals.

$7 for seats by the fountains. 8)

Easily one of the most beautiful parks in the majors, even before the renovations. Pretty cool stuff. Too bad they don't get a more deserving team to play in that park.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A downtown baseball stadium would have been far better for the Royals and KC. Arrowhead could have remained and with all the additional parking space added, no one would have to park outside the park on the grass and taligating would have been even more awesome.

Comment

Did they even have a location set for this idea? Where downtown? And where the hell would everyone park?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The K is one of the best stadiums in all of baseball. I know I'm biased but still.... I can't wait to see the finished product.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            The K is one of the best stadiums in all of baseball. I know I'm biased but still.... I can't wait to see the finished product.
            indeed.

Opening day just so happens to be against the Yankees as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              indeed.

Why do they have to put Royal fans in an even worse mood than they already are?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wow, these look like some great improvements to Kauffman.

The OF improvements are an artifact of the '90's stadium construction projects and add A LOT to the bleacher bum experience. The GA OF seats at Kaufman used to be like being exiled to the desert, but now it looks like it will be a decent experience at a reasonable price. I love going to places like Coors Field and sitting in the OF GA seats and it looks like the Kauffman upgrades make it much more fan-friendly out there in the "cheap seats."

Looking forward to the continued venue improvements and team improvements in '09.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                  indeed.

That's a bad deal for the Royals. They will sell out against anybody on opening day...and have good crowds for the entire series no matter who it is. This takes another series later in the year that would draw great crowds out of the equation.

Comment

I've heard many people on ESPN and other programs state that the K is one of the best stadiums today. It was way ahead of it's time when it was built and continues to be right up there with the best.

And I agree that it's too bad there isn't a better team to play there too.

Comment

Working...
                    X