LSU - South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSU - South Carolina

I heard about this in passing and finally saw the video footage, but did anyone else see the footage from the LSU/USC game where they official "failed" to get out of the way?

I saw that on the news. What, if any, action was taken against the official?
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

According to Steve Spurrier, the official was trying to get out of the way.

"He was trying to get out of the way," Spurrier said of Hackett, according to The State in Columbia, S.C. "Stephen sort of cut back right into him. Sometimes that will happen."
      The collision between South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia and umpire Wilbur Hackett Jr. in Saturday's loss to LSU has drawn a lot of attention over the past two days, but Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier says Hackett did nothing wrong.

Comment

The guy's a former line backer... maybe he had a flashback?

Old habits die hard. 8)
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

It's hard to believe he did it on purpose, even though, like all other SEC fans I believe the officials are incompetent at best and cheaters at worst.

South Carolina scored on the drive, so that's probably why more isn't being made of this.

Comment

I'm taking wu_shizzle's stance... forgot where he was, thought he was back in the game...

Comment

Looks intentional to me but who knows

Comment

He sure appeared to "breakdown and square up" but who knows. I wasn't there.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

That was hilarious and a long way from avoidance...

T

...8)

Comment

He set himself and threw his shoulder into the RB. Spurrier is being smart about this by not making a big deal of it. Had that cost them the game or a TD or something he'd be different I'm sure. But the SEC had better do something about it. There is absolutely NO WAY that was an accident and the official was trying to get out of the way.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Violence is obviously not the answer. But would anybody of had a problem if the RB took of his helmet and beat the crap out of him?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                        Violence is obviously not the answer. But would anybody of had a problem if the RB took of his helmet and beat the crap out of him?
                        I think that was the QB, right?

And I agree with Sub. No chance was that guy trying to get out of the way. I just wonder why he didn't hit him sooner? But give him credit for "staying home".

Comment

Working...
                        X