No announcement yet.

The Coming Liberal Supermajorty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol ya i know the alarming fact for me is that he's not going to help out Israel out all and he's going to dissarm out military to help out the muslim nations around Israel
    ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Why do some challenge those they shouldn't?
      ABC has forgotten more on this subject X than you'll ever know.
      I realize you are wearing some very thick red glasses wudrwu but at least try to look at the facts:

I said:

The plan was to give a single house seat to DC (strongly Democratic) and give Utah (strongly Republican) an additional house seat. The two would have offset one another - what is wrong with that?

Now ABC could have answered this a number of ways. For example he could of said that he felt the bill was not constitutional. A more partisan answer might be that this would trade a essentially permanent seat for a temporary gain (Utah will probably gain its 4th seat anyway after the next census).

Instead he answered this way:

Why would Utah get another seat? It would be all based on census data for the House.

The problem is the Senate. If DC comes in, there's two more Democrat Senators. In the past the response was to bring in Puerto Rico whose Senators would probably be Republican b/c of Cuba and Castro.

The first part CLEARLY shows that ABC was unaware that Utah would gain an additional seat due to the temporary expansion of the house by two seats. Furthermore, the second paragraph was not even a part of the bill that was debated by the Senate!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ABC
      X, you have to do a little more reading.

The issue of "DC representation" goes way beyond the bill from 2007.
      No it does not. You started this by saying "Saved by the Fillibuster" and put this subject under it so this bill is all we are debating.

Originally posted by ABC
      That bill would increase the # of members from 435 to 437. The extra members would be based on population. Based on the 2000 census, it would be Utah. It is not designated as a Utah seat.

And let me repeat, the issue of DC representation is much deeper than that.
      Does Utah have an additional seat if the bill was passed? A simple yes or no answer are the only possible answers to that question.

Comment

Jeez this is pathetic.

I started this by posting an editorial from the WSJ about what to expect if Obama wins and he has large majorities in both houses of Congress.

One of those issues is "DC representation"

It was not DC representation as contained in a specific bill in 2007.

This is an issue that has been around for decades if not centuries.

"DC representation" means lots of things - and most significant to most observers is adding two US Senator from DC.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          Jeez this is pathetic.

I started this by posting an editorial from the WSJ about what to expect if Obama wins and he has large majorities in both houses of Congress.

One of those issues is "DC representation"

It was not DC representation as contained in a specific bill in 2007.

This is an issue that has been around for decades if not centuries.

"DC representation" means lots of things - and most significant to most observers is adding two US Senator from DC.
          I thought about being rude but decided not to. Mainly because it may have been an innocent misread on your part ABC. Anyway, here is what the author said that you essentially quoted from:

"Saved by the filibuster - Bills that passed the house in the 110th Congress but were blocked in the Senate" in that nice gray box and the third on the list is "Representation for District of Columbia". The author says directly above it "Without that restraining power, all of the following have very good chances of becoming law in 2009 or 2010".

Now if the author says that the bill below may become law in 2009 or 2010 and the bill below is the 2007 bill that I mentioned then isn't it just about absolute certainty the author was referring to that specific bill becoming law?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker[color=yellow
            Nut[/color]2305]personally i think that barrack oboma is the anti christ
            :whistle:

"Sometimes you feel like a 'Nut', sometimes you don't"

Here's one of those catchy commercials for Almond Joy and Mounds candy bars by Peter Paul Cadbury. (we also have a Wedding variant: https://youtu.be/4b80vzw...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
            X