Family of man run over by cop sues city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family of man run over by cop sues city

Now I happen to know the father of the man who was run over, so I have heard things through other people that make me curious about this specific case.

How do others on here feel about this issue? I don't remember hearing if the DA did anything to him or not. And I don't believe it was ever said that he was in possession of stolen property.

The bloggers on the Eagle just make me sick sometimes.

In America, anyone can sue anybody over anything. It's one of the few downsides of our society. Go Shocks!!!!!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

One more thing, please do not read/listen to commentary from bloggers, even if you agree! Go Shocks!!!!!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
        In America, anyone can sue anybody over anything. It's one of the few downsides of our society. Go Shocks!!!!!
        Judging by the info posted in the article a cop was speeding and hit somebody crossing the street. Why shouldnt somebody be able to sue.

But other than saying that Ill stay out of the conversation. I have a very bad taste in my mouth for certain "representatives" of law enforcement ill leave it at that.

Comment

Police, Fire and Rescue put their lives in danger every day.....for little pay and almost no gratitude.

We expect perfection, nothing less.

I'm often surprised as a society that we are able to hire even one of our own to do these thankless jobs.

I just wanted to say that....I don't know enough about the incident mentioned to form any kind of opinion.

Comment

The plain facts are:

A non-reformed drug addict was out with an ankle bracelet on stealing metal to cash in to get drugs in the middle of the night, and a cop was speeding, doing 60 mph minimum without lights or siren, and hit him.

It shouild be noted he was pushing a shopping cart, and even though he had dark clothes on, the headlights from the cop would reflect off of the metal shopping cart.

The cop was in the wrong. He should not have been speeding like that without at least his Police lights on.

The family will collect an 'out of court' settlement on this.

Comment

Working...
            X