• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden Releases Tax Returns

Biden is cheapscape

Here is McCain and Obama charitable contributions

For what it is worth:

89% of American contribute to charity
    Average contributions is $1,620 (3.1% of income)

eh he still donated.

When United Way rolls around this year ill only donate a dollar a check

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      eh he still donated.

When United Way rolls around this year ill only donate a dollar a check
      It's funny the liberals want to do income redistribution with everybody elses money except for their own.

You would think they would want to set the example and voluntarily give to those in need.

Comment

Don't over-read into McCain's, as he can easily live as a kept man on his wife's income. Interesting that Clinton and Obama stepped up their giving in 07 vs. 06. And apparently, yes, Biden is a cheapskate.

As for Americans and giving, while 89% is a great number for those who give, I'd rather see the median than the mean for the average, because the multimillion dollar donations really pull that mean average off kilter. But that's just the data geek in me talking...
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

E-mail lists unpaid campaign debts incurred by Senator Joe Biden.

Kind of interesting in light of SB's thread. The dude did say he had been paid finally.
          Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Studies show that republicans give over 50% more to charity than democRATS. Yet the libs tell us that WE are greedy. go figure.....
            The liberal mind....what a waste.
            Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
              As for Americans and giving, while 89% is a great number for those who give, I'd rather see the median than the mean for the average, because the multimillion dollar donations really pull that mean average off kilter. But that's just the data geek in me talking...
              % of Giving by Household Income (avg of givers)
              <100,000: 90.4% (2,371 Average)
              100K to 200K: 7.4% (2,316 Average)
              200K to 1 Mill: 2.1% (12,105 Average)
              1 Mill +: 0.2% (61,060 Average)

Full details can be found at:

The US is one of the most charitable nations.

Comment

The data geek in me went and took a quick glance at the study. According to that study, yes, the US is generous, but it isn't necessarily glowing in the frame of what it looks to find out. It indicates that of the some 250 billion in giving they studied, less than 1/3 of it went to what they classified as assistance to the poor.

I'd have to spend a few hours to really shred the details and see if I agree with their conclusions or not.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                  The data geek in me went and took a quick glance at the study. According to that study, yes, the US is generous, but it isn't necessarily glowing in the frame of what it looks to find out. It indicates that of the some 250 billion in giving they studied, less than 1/3 of it went to what they classified as assistance to the poor.

I'd have to spend a few hours to really shred the details and see if I agree with their conclusions or not.
                  Well, since that study was not a study of charitable giving in the world, I think the several hours you spend studying will not lead you conclusively to any answer.

Comment

Funny how the liberal democRATS want everyone to pay more taxes yet they are always the ones trying to get out of paying. Charlie Rangle is on the Ways and Means Committee and he has been stiffing the govt for 20 yeras on taxes.
                    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Working...
                    X