Always Remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always Remember

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Great blog update and the last sentence says it all.

Seven years later, we remember and give tribute to all of those who fell victim that day and to all of those Americans abroad working to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    Great words.
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Re: Always Remember

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7500&ATCLID=1580095

Great blog update and the last sentence says it all.
      :good:
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

God Bless everyone who was affected that horrific day.

And may God Bless each and every one of the men and women that keep us safe and protect our freedom every day.

That debt can never be repaid.

God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          God Bless America.
          Especially those who put her above themselves.

Comment

The article is gone. The memories are not. I cried with my daughter watching the replays today. She was 1 at the time. She doesn't understand why any of it.

It makes her sick to her stomach to watch.....it does to me too.

Never forget.

Comment

I've spent most of the last few days watching and reading as much as I can about this fateful day 20 years ago. Mostly rehashing, always some new information, story or update as well.

I didn't lose a friend, or a family member or anyone that I know. I know I'm beyond lucky. Nevertheless, 9-11-01 changed me forever.

The days surrounding 9-11 are always hard, for a variety of reasons. I try (I fail a lot) to remember the stories when I am complaining about something, or when I feel lousy or when there is a struggle around me.

I just finished watching 60 Minutes and their great stories of the families of so many lost on that day in the FDNY. At the end, they admitted that no amount of time, no number of days could allow enough time to tell all the stories and pay all the respect that are due. You watch these folks, and the heroes that were lost, and it's impossible to not think, why them? Why the hell do I get to live when the world needs so many more heroes?

I know we're supposed to live like 9-12. But it seems like, as each year clicks off, it gets less easy to do just that. It's not fair.

May God Bless all the amazing souls lost that day, and may He look over and protect their loved ones and friends who somehow, beyond belief, carry on.

May God Bless every man and woman in our great military, our first responders, and the incredibly brave members of the NYPD & FDNY.

The debt can never possibly be repaid.......I know the thanks is not enough. I hate that it has to be.

NEVER forget.

Comment

I watched the Amazing story, and interviews of children (who were very young in 2001), wives, husbands, and parents of the heroes of Flight 93. Those heroes were regular everyday people like us, who when they found out about the attacks on the WTC, and Pentagon, while mid-flight decided to take charge and attack the terrorists, including those in the cockpit. From the messages on the flight recorder, messages to family left on cell phones, and a conversation to a 911 operator, we know they knew they were going to die, but they knew that the flight had been turned around in the air and was no longer headed to its original California destination. They made a plan amongst themselves. Many of them were in the midst of telling loved ones, goodbye , when Beamer was heard to say, “Let’s Roll” in the background.

Comment

I thought in would watch the coverage of 9-11 again this week. When I started watching the tears started and I had to shut it off. I couldn't do it.

I was at the K-State football game Saturday. When they lowered the flag to half-staff, the tears rolled again. 20 years later and I still feel the pain of watching the towers collapse and take so many people, including 343 of my brothers to their death. They gave the ultimate sacrifice. Let us never forget what all of our heroes gave that day and continue to give each day.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                    I thought in would watch the coverage of 9-11 again this week. When I started watching the tears started and I had to shut it off. I couldn't do it.
                    It's weird, I'm kind of the other way. I watch almost to make myself sad, then push myself until I can't take it anymore. It's almost as if I can just hurt enough, I can make the pain go away.

Comment

It’s interesting…as I watched on Saturday evening, I told my wife that watching causes me to get really pissed off. I sometimes get the sad feelings, but most of the time, it makes me want to sign up and go get the bad guys.

Comment

I imagine most of you are familiar with the story of the Man in the Red Bandana. If not, this is a must view video:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          I imagine most of you are familiar with the story of the Man in the Red Bandana. If not, this is a must view video:

That might be the most inspiring story of 9/11 I have heard to date. RIP Wells!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X