Got to love California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to love California

Arnold issued an executive order that all state workers take pay cuts to the federal minimum wage. :blink: The state controller is in ignoring the order and they may try to recall the govenator:

That is one very screwed up state.

Re: Got to love California

Originally posted by Ixiah
    Arnold issued an executive order that all state workers take pay cuts to the federal minimum wage. :blink: The state controller is in ignoring the order and they may try to recall the govenator:

That is one very screwed up state.
    'He'll be back!' :D
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Arnold didn't take 3 mil from the unions in payoff money as Grey Davis did (right before he gave the union a 37% increase) and they are pissed they can't buy him off....

Arnold is leading and trying to get people to make the tough decision of California living within their own means.....sounds reasonable to me.....

It's no wonder at all the union leaders don't like and are threatening him.

I say lock 'em all in a room until they get a deal done. Let's see who wins that one.

Good job Arnold!

Comment

Arnold should be allowed to fire or replace the controller. Who in the heck is in charge? The prison guards don't run the state...the controller doesn't...

Comment

A lawsuit has been filed to force the controller to not pay more then the minimum wage by the govenor's office. Here are the official notices by the govenor and the controller:

Comment

Will it be a ?

I just watched this movie the other day. So good.

Comment

If the state can't afford to give them a raise, then they should accept that. But to drop everyone's wages down to Federal Minimum Wage? He just put 100,000+ state employees on welfare. What good is that doing?

Comment

"Schwarzenegger's executive order to reduce pay for some 175,000 state workers to the federal minimum wage of $6.55 an hour has not taken effect because the state controller has refused to comply."

Does this include his and his staff's salaries? (He probably does not need a salary) If the prison guards just decided not to show up for work at minimum wage what would happen? I suppose they could always get some illegal aliens to man the prisons. They will do work at low wages that others do not want to do.

Comment

Working...
                X