US hands over contol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US hands over contol

of Anbar province to the Iraqi's. I believe this is the 11th province to now be under Iraqi control and is the most significant one as it's the largest province and borders three nations. It was at one point home to the most serious fighting and an Al Qaeda stronghold. I've heard some 25k Marines will be able to leave soon because of this.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Yet they are still getting ready to send more troops over there. I am getting a little confused.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      Yet they are still getting ready to send more troops over there. I am getting a little confused.
      What is to be confused about? Just the normal rotation of troops to replace units who have completed their tour and a being replaced in place.

The important thing is when you turn over a territory to Iraqi government, then when you move those units out of country you don't have to replace them.

Comment

I understand the rotation thing. Some of those guys have been over there way too long as it is. My question is this: If they are coming home from their tour of duty, how long till someone goes over there to replace them? Or is the troop count just going to go down, cause I don't believe it will, no matter what anyone says.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
          I understand the rotation thing. Some of those guys have been over there way too long as it is. My question is this: If they are coming home from their tour of duty, how long till someone goes over there to replace them? Or is the troop count just going to go down, cause I don't believe it will, no matter what anyone says.
          When somebody rotates home there are new troops rotated in to take their place. At some point what your going to see (supposedly in mid-2009) is there will be more troops rotated out of country than that are coming in.

Comment

Confused?

We are at war, what is confusing about that?
            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
              Confused?

They've been saying the troops would start coming home, yet the same number, or in some cases more, are going back in their place. How are we leaving Iraq if more troops are going over there over the number being replaced.

Comment

Confused?

No we're not, Bush announced an end to that 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                  Confused?

No we're not, Bush announced an end to that 4 years ago.
                  I believe Bush announce "The end of Major Combat Operations" - i.e. the end of the invasion and announce the start of "Securing and Reconstructing the Country".

I don't believe V-WOT has been announced.

Comment

Working...
                  X