Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zogby Poll - Equilibrium in the POTUS Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zogby Poll - Equilibrium in the POTUS Race!

Originally posted by Zogby
    Brash McCain pick of AK Gov. Palin neutralizes historic Obama speech, stunts the Dems' convention bounce

UTICA, New York - Republican John McCain's surprise announcement Friday of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate - some 16 hours after Democrat Barack Obama's historic speech accepting his party’s presidential nomination - has possibly stunted any Obama convention bump, the latest Zogby Interactive flash poll of the race shows.

The latest nationwide survey, begun Friday afternoon after the McCain announcement of Palin as running mate and completed mid-afternoon today, shows McCain/Palin at 47%, compared to 45% support for Obama/Biden.

In other words, the race is a dead heat.

Pollster John Zogby: "Palin is not to be underestimated. Her real strength is that she is authentic, a real mom, an outdoors person, a small town mayor (hey, she has dealt with a small town city council - that alone could be preparation for staring down Vladimir Putin, right?). She is also a reformer."

"A very important demographic in this election is going to be the politically independent woman, 15% of whom in our latest survey are undecided."

"In the final analysis, this election will be about Obama vs. McCain. Obama has staked out ground as the new JFK - a new generation, literally and figuratively, a new face of America to the world, a man who can cross lines and work with both sides. But McCain is the modern day Harry Truman - with lots of DC experience, he knows what is wrong and dysfunctional with Washington and how to fix it, and he has chosen a running mate who is about as far away from Washington as he could find.

"This contest is likely to be very close until the weekend before the election - then the dam may break and support may flood one way or the other."
    full details of the poll

You’re here because you want to understand the Zogby Poll and what it means for you. Let’s dive right in.The Zogby Poll is a public opinion survey conducted by pollster John Zogby and his firm Zogby Analytics. It’s been around since the 1980s and has gained a reputation for accurately predicting election outcomes.But what does [...]

As one of the 15% who are undecided, I'm not getting a good feeling about Palin. My research is turning up info from people in her state that runs counter to what the media is reporting. She's the focus of a lot of controversy right now. I can't believe McCain would take a risk this big. A maverick? A gambler? It's fine if you're in a movie, but this is our future. There's a good reason we're undecided.
    "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

There is the one issue that is nothing but speculation at this point. Based off of everything else I've ever read about her I'd be surprised if they're accurate.

She's really cleaned up the Alaskan political scene and the GOP. She's done a lot of good for the people of Alaska and will do a lot for the people of America if given the chance. The people will LOVE her.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sub,

I agree everything LOOKS good on the surface. What I like to do is peruse some of the candidate's newspapers in their state (in this case, Anchorage Daily News) and THEN read, NOT only the articles (we all know the media can be biased) but the comments from area citizens that follow. It's amazing what one can learn from ordinary people, just like us. And, no, I don't believe everything I read, but there comes a point where certain themes start to filter out. And, where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Oh, and I start back in the archives, before they ran for higher office.
        "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
          What I like to do is peruse some of the candidate's newspapers in their state (in this case, Anchorage Daily News) and THEN read, NOT only the articles (we all know the media can be biased) but the comments from area citizens that follow.
          Your kidding right? If it's anything like the readers replies on kansas.com, those people are goofballs idiots.

Comment

SB,

Give me SOME credit, will ya? Geez. These so-called goofballs are easy to spot. I dismiss them quickly or anyone who seems to have an agenda. Have you never commented on a newspaper article? I have the feeling you have. Are you a goofball? I haven't regarded you in that way, though we don't always agree. My point is that if one is willing to sift through the garbage, one can usually find something that is worth a second look. I want to know what ordinary people know, the ones who know the history and day-to-day goings on of all of the candidates, not the ones trying to spin everything for their agendas.
            I've read comments on the Eagle website...I've seen the goofballs. Like I said, easy to spot.

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
              Have you never commented on a newspaper article?
              Nope.

I have the feeling you have. Are you a goofball?
              only when hanging around JJ Clamdip.

My point is that if one is willing to sift through the garbage, one can usually find something that is worth a second look.
              Well, your going to find a lot of detractors. She's pro-life, the environmentalist hate her. Here husband works for big oil (but is a union member), support Iraq, her son is on his way to Iraq, NRA member, goes hunting and fishing and she believe that God created the world and add in that's she HOT!!!! She could have her own Conservative Pinup Calendar.

Comment

SB,

I'm not talking about all of THAT, even. Of course that's the kind of stuff that's going to come out and was no doubt uncovered by the Republicans BEFORE McCain chose her. Google her name and that comes up, for sure. I'm talking about her record and her conduct since she first ran for office, ANY office. I'm talking about how a candidate treats the people around them on their way UP. These are the things that really say a lot about someone's character, IMO.

Comment

Just curious, but during your due diligence work, what have you found about Obama?

Comment

only when hanging around JJ Clamdip.
                    JJ is a very bad influence on SB.

Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

rayc,

I am SO glad you brought that up.
                      That's just it...I'm not finding anything on Obama that hasn't already been leaked to mainstream media. We all know he can't walk on water, so where are the naysayers, the ones who "knew him when?" I told you I haven't made up my mind!
                      I can dismiss the testimonials of people who appear to have a hidden agenda, and I most certainly dismiss anything that even hints of racism, for the sake of racism.
                      However, I am extremely troubled by the lack of information available and the increasing fear that it is for politically-correct reasons. It's almost like there is a "gag order" on Americans these days. I want to know what his classmates, teachers, friends (former and current), co-workers and people in his neighborhood, think about him.
                      I don't want to have to scrutinize every word I say before I say it. I want to speak my mind and let the chips fall. If I'm wrong, I'll own up to it.
                      Surely I'm not the only one who feels this way?
                      Besides, all of the comedians would be out of work if we suddenly stopped saying what pops into our minds. :)

Comment

80% approval rating is nearly unheard of. She must be doing something right and can't imagine her conduct is out of line or else that number is hard to explain.

Comment

shockandawe08:
                          ...I am extremely troubled by the lack of information available...
                          Agree, my biggest concern with anyone is when a simple "background check" comes back with "no records available", especially a political figure.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                            80% approval rating is nearly unheard of. She must be doing something right and can't imagine her conduct is out of line or else that number is hard to explain.
                            Spend some time in Alaska, and 80% approval may scare just ya :D
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                            X