It's finally here!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's finally here!!!!!!

Only 19 hours till I can start tailgating tommorow for the first game of the year. I thought the time would never come. The College sports season has begun!!!!!!!!!

Gators/Trojans in the BCS championship game. 8) 8) 8)

I`m waiting for Colorado to get better & compete for the Big 12 title.

Comment

You mean college football starts this weekend?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

College football has more BCS BS than college basketball, which is sad
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

sure is fun though! :)

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
            sure is fun though! :)

Charlie, me thinks tonight wasn't all fun for you.....Razorback game had to be a bit too close for your comfort.............

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Charlie, me thinks tonight wasn't all fun for you.....Razorback game had to be a bit too close for your comfort.............
              haha, well, I knew we were going to suck this year although I definitely didn't expect to struggle against WIU. We started something like 20 freshmen.

We won, at least.

Comment

I'll just say Roll Tide... and Arkansas will be back shortly once petrino rolls in the recruits
                Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
                  I'll just say Roll Tide... and Arkansas will be back shortly once petrino rolls in the recruits

looks like Bama is already back. SEC is going to be interesting, maybe the West will have as many contenders as the East. LSU looked good yesterday too.

Comment

Yeah I think it'll be quite an interesting year in all the SEC... I think the SEC wont be represented in the National Championship because of the parity this year in the league and the fact that OU, OSU, and USC I feel will dominate their respective leagues... doesnt mean they wont get tripped up and leave the door open for an SEC team but I feel not one team in the SEC will end the regular season with 0 or 1 loss... I've been hearing a lot of smack saying Ole Miss could be a darkhorse or maybe a spoiler team down the stretch. Charlie, have you heard the same? I honestly dont believe they will but hey, we lost to ULM at home last year.

Comment

The reason people are picking Ole Miss as a darkhorse is the year we had in 1998 in Houston Nutt's first year. We'd won 4 games in 97 and in 1998 we won 9 and went to a bowl. I just don't think OM has enough to compete with the good teams in the SEC.

I think Arkansas and the Miss schools will be at the bottom and LSU, Bama and Auburn will be at the top.

I agree that an SEC school won't play for the national championship. I'm picking the winner of USC/OSU in 2 weeks and the Big 12 Champ whether that is OU, Mizzou, Kansas, Texas or Tech.

Comment

I might tick off a few ppl who read on here but I think, not think... KNOW that KU will not win the big xii... I'm going to say OU and if not them Tech. And I by no means think Bama will win the SEC or SEC West for that matter... I know many bama fans are very unrealistic and can rub ppl the wrong way. I do think they have a shot at the SEC West title but I'm really scared of UF in the East. UGA i think will fall a little short. I wont even mention tennessee after tonight... lol hope they don't prove me wrong. I've seen you post Charlie on many baseball posts... and have seen that you make some baseball games... do you make it to many football games? I'm going to the bama/miss st game in nov... any time i can make an SEC game, especially a bama i go... my cousin lives/attended alabama so i've been fortunate to go to a couple games... i know this isnt an SEC forum but its good to talk to an SEC fan

Comment

I go to all Arkansas home football games (well, the ones in Fayetteville anyway).

Comment

Nice... I almost went to the arkansas/bama game a couple years ago with a friend of mine who is a huge hogs fan. What's the buzz around town with Petrino? Everyone think he will bring in the recruits to be an annual contender for the SEC title kind of like us with Saban? Oh, and a little side note... I use to play summer ball against Ben Cleveland ( TE for you guys) he was also a bad mama jamma at tennis... best in our league

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller
                              Nice... I almost went to the arkansas/bama game a couple years ago with a friend of mine who is a huge hogs fan. What's the buzz around town with Petrino? Everyone think he will bring in the recruits to be an annual contender for the SEC title kind of like us with Saban? Oh, and a little side note... I use to play summer ball against Ben Cleveland ( TE for you guys) he was also a bad mama jamma at tennis... best in our league

Yeah I think everybody is pretty excited about Petrino. It feels like we have a big time coach now. Saban has a National Championship already, and was a proven winner in the SEC. I guess it remains to be seen if Petrino can win in the SEC.

That's cool about Cleveland. He caught the winning TD in overtime against you guys two years ago. 8) What a game. He didn't play on Saturday. Still working back from his shoulder injury I guess. Plus we had to go 5 wide most of the 2nd half to come back against the mighty Leathernecks. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X