Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker alumni rising star! Forbes #114 richest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker alumni rising star! Forbes #114 richest...

If you utilize a Garmin GPS to aid your daily travels, you can thank Shocker alum Gary Burrell who earned his electrical engineering degree from WSU. Gary co-founded Garmin in 1989 and is now worth 3.1 billion dollars. His partner, Min Kao, was also a co-founder and has already donated 17.5 million to his alma mater, the University of Tennessee.

SHOW US THE MONEY GARY!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, was that too forward? :)

T

...8)

I expected to see Tyrone Shoelace and his residuals from his patented crossover dribble

:D :posterwu: 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Yeah right, rich alums giving to WSU? Bill Parcells where you at? This guy where you at?

Comment

Pfffft. Bill Parcells doesn't have any money. I'm talking about rich alumni... in the billions..

By my calculations Gary Burrell is currently our wealthiest alum living and possibly in the history of Wichita State University alumni. Unless there is an alum higher than #114 Gary is our man!

Gary, I am not asking for much, just 3.2258% of your current net worth with a portion of it allocated to WSU football. I think 50% to football and 50% to the Wichita State general fund would be fair.

Worry not my navigationally gifted man, your fortunes will continue to grow and this gift will only be but a whisper of a memory in your historical financial transactions yet will change the lives of an entire city. Remember Gary, your net worth was only 940 million "wayyyy" back in 2005. It has almost doubled twice in three years. Our request would amount to nothing more than a grain of sand in the beach that is your fortune.

Gary, we admire your past charitable giving and the secrecy in which you do so. 30 million in charitable gifts is a noble act and I'm sure many have benefited because of it. Now it's time Gary to give back to the one entity that formed you into who you are today!

You can send your check for one hundred million dollars to:

Wichita State University Foundation
        1845 Fairmount St.
        Wichita, KS 67260-0002

P.S.

I Love You!

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
        X