X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Phelps Facts

Michael Phelps is the new Chuck Norris

1. Water drinks Michael Phelps.

2. Scientists recently discovered the cause for warmer sea temperature and melting icebergs happens every time Michael Phelps gets in the water.

3. Michael Phelps’ sweat is consider a banned substance for other athletes. Too bad Michael Phelps never sweats.
    Read more at Michael Phelps Facts.

Here are a few more from that website.

Originally Steven Spielberg wanted Michael Phelps to play Jaws. Unfortunately they didn’t have a fast enough camera.
    Michael Phelps' blood type is H2O.
    The loch ness monster has never been found because it is hiding from Michael Phelps.

Comment

I might argue that Bolt's olympic performance was just as impressive. He blew away the field more so than Phelps and I don't recall Phelps completely obliterating 3 world records.

It's just that Phelps is a much more marketable American figure.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
        I don't recall Phelps completely obliterating 3 world records.
        You are correct, he only obliterated 7 world records. :good:

Comment

Uhhhm I'm talking relative margins.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
            Uhhhm I'm talking relative margins.
            I'm not downplaying Bolt at all, what he did was/is amazing. But he beat Michael Johnson by .02 seconds for the 200 record. If you call that obliterating, then you have to say what Phelps did was the same. He clearly owned that "Green Line" on all of his races. He was a full body length ahead on most and he was breaking his own records.

They are both in another world as far as domination of their sport at the time being.

Comment

I have to agree with AG1219 on this one, 2 one hundredths of a second isn't obliterating anything...

Both are great athletes. Maybe it's because I'm an American, I don't know...but I think what Phelps did was more amazing.

Comment

Just a thought:

Since the Olympic Drug Testing Committee will hold an athlete's test for 8 years now, according to new policy, maybe they should wait 8 years to award the winner of an event until those 8 years have past.

I think we might all want to take a wait and see approach with Bolt, considering 6 months ago, he wasn't even relatively close to where he's at now.

Comment

At night, Chuck Norris checks his closet for Michael Phelps.

Comment

Thing about Bolt breaking the 200m record is that no one thought it was gonna be broken. That was one of the longest standing WR times in Track and Field.

But, I too, think that he'll test positive for something eventually. That or he's an absolute freak of nature.

Comment

Here's another fact, in two weeks, everyone will have forgotten Phelps and the Olympics will be a distant memory until 3 years 9 months from now.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                        Here's another fact, in two weeks, everyone will have forgotten Phelps and the Olympics will be a distant memory until 3 years 9 months from now.
                        Actually, I think your wrong. With all the indorsements Phelps will be getting, we will be constantly reminded of his exploits for the next 3 years and 9 months.

Comment

I think Chuck Norris are played out. At Wal-Mart, I saw Chuck Norris fact based folders. I went into the fetal position for 10 minutes until security kicked me out

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            Thing about Bolt breaking the 200m record is that no one thought it was gonna be broken. That was one of the longest standing WR times in Track and Field.
                            I happened to watch the relay on NBC tonight and that's exactly what the announcer said. In addition he used the word "obliterate" in reference to the 4x100 record. If Bolt wouldn't have shut it down at 80M he would have recorded 9.60.

I was just in awe how none of the competition was even in the picture in all 3 races. It was like he had a 40 yd head start. Bolt's margin of victory over the field just seemed more than Phelps' races.

Comment

Working...
                            X