Russia/Poland/USA/???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia/Poland/USA/???

Russia is saying that the response the the Missile Shield we're putting in Poland will go beyond diplomacy. I'm not sure if Russia has it in them at this point to actually invade/attack Poland. Poland is an actual member of NATO and the EU and the response would be greater than when they invaded Georgia who just wants to be a member of both. Still, I'm not positive where Russia sits in how far they'll go right now. It'll just get more interesting if/when the Czechs agree to the Missile Shield system and any other countries that could possibly be involved from the former Soviet state.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

What if Russia tried to put missiles in Cuba (again)? Do you think we'd just let it happen? Their response doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Poland signs a deal with the United States. The Kremlin signs a deal with Syria. Really? I have always thought you could tell a lot about a person just by knowing who his friends are.

I like Condi's response that we will defend Polish territory like it's part of the U.S. That should let Russia know that we're not taking those threats lightly.

NATO is on our side, and this isn't the time for the Kremlin to be talking smack after it took its response in Georgia too far.

Oh, and hey, Russia ... scoreboard

Olympic medal count:

USA 82
      RUS 45
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Unless it went nuclear-unlikely-Russia's military assets would be destroyed in days by our military. As long as we didn't want to occupy Russia (and we don't) we could put the smackdown on them pretty ferociously. Think Gulf War I. Our putting missles in Poland is the equivalent of putting a chip on our shoulder and daring them to knock it off-they won't.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
          Poland signs a deal with the United States. The Kremlin signs a deal with Syria. Really? I have always thought you could tell a lot about a person just by knowing who his friends are.

I like Condi's response that we will defend Polish territory like it's part of the U.S. That should let Russia know that we're not taking those threats lightly.

NATO is on our side, and this isn't the time for the Kremlin to be talking smack after it took its response in Georgia too far.

Oh, and hey, Russia ... scoreboard

Olympic medal count:

USA 82
          RUS 45

Really whats Condi gonna do? Nuke em!

or perhaps send in our military from Iraq?
          8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Ukraine doesn't want to be next.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I figure all the troops, after they leave Iraq, will end up in Germany. That way they are close to all the stuff that is going on and are just a few hours in a plane away from Iraq when they figure out they can't defend themselves.

I understand the Russians being mad about the US putting missles over there, but the US doesn't have any reason to shoot them off once they are there. But if Russia keeps doing what they are, I have a feeling that they won't have a very large military much longer after a few B-52s take a tour over their country.

Comment

Medvedev Deploying Missles Near Poland
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                X