Major Merger That I Won't Be Happy With

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Merger That I Won't Be Happy With

EA continues to try and buy out Take-Two Interactive for about $2 billion. This would be a horrible deal for those who play sports based games as Take-Two is the only competition that EA really has in that field of gaming. Personally, I like the 2K games over EA and have for quite a while now. 2K was right there with EA in football until EA signed an exclusive agreement with the NFL for rights to the game. A report last year in one of the gamer mags said that 2K's football game was better than EAs Madden but because it had to use fake teams with fake players, and some legends, it didn't stand a chance for success. What a shame.

Sadly, it appears this deal will happen at some point, and probably ruin the business as far as sports gaming goes. I may have to stop playing video games or change my interest to some other type.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Re: Major Merger That I Won't Be Happy With

Originally posted by SubGod22
    EA continues to try and buy out Take-Two Interactive for about $2 billion. This would be a horrible deal for those who play sports based games as Take-Two is the only competition that EA really has in that field of gaming. Personally, I like the 2K games over EA and have for quite a while now. 2K was right there with EA in football until EA signed an exclusive agreement with the NFL for rights to the game. A report last year in one of the gamer mags said that 2K's football game was better than EAs Madden but because it had to use fake teams with fake players, and some legends, it didn't stand a chance for success. What a shame.

Sadly, it appears this deal will happen at some point, and probably ruin the business as far as sports gaming goes. I may have to stop playing video games or change my interest to some other type.
    Go for the Call of Duty type games. They're fun. I, too, liked the 2k games.

Comment

i like 2k's basketball game, but i never was a fan of their football games
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Basketball they definitely have the advantage. It got to the point where I was buying the football game over EA as well.

I do like Call of Duty 4 and others. But my gaming life has revolved around sports and mainly basketball.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Besides Madden, EA is garbage in terms of sports games. I agree with Sub.. if this happens, I might not play anymore. 2K owns the sports scene.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
          X