LIGHTING BOLT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIGHTING BOLT!!!

Usain Bolt smashes World Record for the 100m with a time of 9.69s, but he could have ran it even faster! He turned off the engines close to 15 meters to go, celebrating (rightfully so), and with a shoe untied. Who knows how fast he could have ran it if he was trying? That race was one of the most incredible races I have ever seen, and had never seen anything like that before.
    The Assman

I have......Ben Johnson 1988. He was on the juice.....

I'm not sayin....I'm just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      I have......Ben Johnson 1988. He was on the juice.....

I'm not sayin....I'm just sayin.
      :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

If you go to http://mctnf.blogspot.com/2008/08/be...mens-100m.html, about half way down there is the heading "Splits of Usain's WR Olympic Run". It shows his top speed was reached at 60m. If he would have maintained that speed to the end, he would have ran a 9.60.

Comment

There haven't been very many runners that have excited me since Michael Johnson. I always wondered if he could have ran even faster without all the gold chains. :lol:
          "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Some more info from http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/arch...ocomotion.html

Gold..........................Usain Bolt, Jamaica...........................41 strides

Silver........................Richard Thompson, Trinidad...............44 strides

Bronze......................Walter Dix, USA................................49 strides
            Having longer legs helps.

Comment

I was watching the replay of the 200m race on Cox's On Demand channel in which Usain Bolt set the WR of 19.30 second. That was pretty impressive considering he was running against a 0.9 second headwind.

Comment

the scariest thing is he's only 21

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                  Ya he should be able to double or triple that time by the age of 60 :) 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

He turned 22 today.

Usain Bolt

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      He turned 22 today.

Usain Bolt
                      Oh! It's not so scary now. :D
                      The Assman

Comment

The Jamaican's broke the 4x100 WR at the Olympics with a time of 37.10 second. Bolt ran the third leg and Powell ran the anchor leg. They won by 0.96 seconds which was the biggest margin of victory since 1936.

Comment

I would love to see Bolt's time in the 400M.

Hopefully he will run on Jamaica's 4x400M relay today so we can at least see his split.

His height lends itself more to the 400M than the shorter sprints.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                            I would love to see Bolt's time in the 400M.

Hopefully he will run on Jamaica's 4x400M relay today so we can at least see his split.

His height lends itself more to the 400M than the shorter sprints.
                            His height really hampered him in the 100m and 200m. I would love to see him run the 400m as well but sprinters are not always able to run longer distances. Bolt appeared to be straining some at the end of 200m.

Comment

When you can run 200m in 19.3 I'd say you have a shot at the WR in the 400m, when the record is 43.xx I think.

That gives him 2.5 seconds for each 200M split.

400M is considered a sprint, which is why it was a big deal with Jeremey Warner won gold in Athens. He was the first white runner to win a Olympic gold in sprinting since the 1980 boycotted games.

Hell, the 800M is damn near becoming a sprint.

It is interesting to see look at split times for longer distraces. For example, I believe the avg per mile split for word class marathones is an incredible 4:30 per mile. The word record in the mile is 3:43.

So the world record in the marathon is running a mile only 47 seconds slower than the world record for the mile, but keeping that pace for 2 hours and 26 miles. That is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                              X