X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Originally posted by CharlieHog
    Vote. But vote 3rd party. Doesn't really matter who so long as there's enough votes to give the major parties a message.

Ross Perot got almost 19% of the vote in 1992 and I don't think anybody got the message.

Until somebody with money puts up a realistic campaign, nobody is ever going to get any message.

You conservative guys need to vote for McCain. I don't like him that much either, but I'll take him over Obama.
    While I could be wrong, I don't recall the level of dissatisfaction with the candidates from within their own parties that is going on now. I don't know about the Dems, but a lot of Republicans feel like they don't have a worthy candidate. Heck, many feel like there's two Dems running for president.

I agree with Sub. If McCain wins, there is absolutely no hope that the GOP leadership will realize they are dismantling the party.

The people select the candidate. There were more conservative candidates seeking the nomination and McCain won.

Comment

Lets not get started on that. We all know that the real conservative options weren't given much air time by the media. The media just went out and pimped McCain, Huck, and Mitt.

Sadly, the "people" only know what the news tells them and they don't look into anything for themselves. I wouldn't call any of the three above actual conservatives.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Lets not get started on that. We all know that the real conservative options weren't given much air time by the media. The media just went out and pimped McCain, Huck, and Mitt.

Sadly, the "people" only know what the news tells them and they don't look into anything for themselves. I wouldn't call any of the three above actual conservatives.

You're right.

Still, if Obama wins I doubt the Republican Party's lesson will be to nominate a more conservative candidate.

Comment

The people select the candidate. There were more conservative candidates seeking the nomination and McCain won.
          And there's the rub. The "conservative" vote was split between Huckabee, Romney and others which allowed McCain to come out on top.

This argument that Republicans need to "learn a lesson" is a little too simplistic for me. I'd rather fight for conservative values with Republicans in office, electing judges. Presidential politics seem to be lately more of a popularity contest rather than a debate over ideology anyways. Weather McCain or Obama win, I don't believe it has any bearing on the ideology of the successive President.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Vote. But vote 3rd party. Doesn't really matter who so long as there's enough votes to give the major parties a message.

Ross Perot got almost 19% of the vote in 1992 and I don't think anybody got the message.

Until somebody with money puts up a realistic campaign, nobody is ever going to get any message.

You conservative guys need to vote for McCain. I don't like him that much either, but I'll take him over Obama.
            While I could be wrong, I don't recall the level of dissatisfaction with the candidates from within their own parties that is going on now. I don't know about the Dems, but a lot of Republicans feel like they don't have a worthy candidate. Heck, many feel like there's two Dems running for president.

I agree with Sub. If McCain wins, there is absolutely no hope that the GOP leadership will realize they are dismantling the party.
            I would consider myself a democrat, i wasnt really satisfied with either candidate, this will be the first time i dont vote for democrat since i have been able to vote (of course this is only my 3 time voting). im prolly gonna vote for 3rd party. I guess it dont matter who wins, this country is alot of trouble for the next 4 years.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Interesting. It mostly seems like it's Republicans (and some backwoods Democrats) who are put off with the choices this election year.

Most Democrats are just fine with them.

As for Obama raising taxes, well...

You should be with us in 2012, join now: http://my.barackobama.com/taxvidBrian Deese, a campaign policy advisor, refutes the various deceptions that John McC...

...don't believe everything you see in a smear commercial by someone you're admittedly not enamored with.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                Most Democrats are just fine with them.
                That because they are both liberals.

Comment

Working...
                X