Greens Attack Nuclear Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greens Attack Nuclear Power

Apparently the greens hate nuclear power despite the fact that it releases absolutely zero emissions. They claim it's still a cause for climate change.

What will they come up with next?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

The opportunity cost argument that nuclear investment takes money away from renewables and thusly leads to more global warming is a leap or two too far. However, nuclear energy is not a panacea for the nation's energy issues. Nuclear energy produces waste that must be stored somewhere, is an accident hazard and requires uranium mining. No doubt that nuclear energy will have to be a part of our energy mix for the foreseeable future.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Those Greenies are just way too radical. Wind farms could hurt birds. Nuclear polutes? Don't even get started on coal.

I'm sure if someone wanted to build a hydroelectric damn, that they would find some fish that it would adversely affect, thus fighting it too.

There are no sources of energy that make these people happy. Even the amish have electricity. Maybe they people should just go live in a cave away from everyone else. It'd make all of our lives a little bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
        However, nuclear energy is not a panacea for the nation's energy issues. Nuclear energy produces waste that must be stored somewhere, is an accident hazard and requires uranium mining.
        why not just put the waste on a rocket and send to some planet in the solar system or into the sun if there is so much worry.

Comment

Because the exhaust from the rockets would contribute to climate change.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
            However, nuclear energy is not a panacea for the nation's energy issues. Nuclear energy produces waste that must be stored somewhere, is an accident hazard and requires uranium mining.
            why not just put the waste on a rocket and send to some planet in the solar system or into the sun if there is so much worry.
            I don't know if this was tongue in cheek or not, but it's a pretty bad idea. Remember Challenger? And we are talking about literally billions of pounds of waste.

Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu
              Originally posted by SB Shock
              I don't know if this was tongue in cheek or not, but it's a pretty bad idea. Remember Challenger? And we are talking about literally billions of pounds of waste.
              The Challenger cre crew survied until impact. I'm sure that we could design a container system that would survive most catastrophies. But if that worries you - just do the launches from India or China. They don't care about their environment anyway.

Being "Billions of pounds of waster" would open up a new career field. Think of the the scientific advances that it would entail to improve launch-lift capacity and engine efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                Those Greenies are just way too radical. Wind farms could hurt birds. Nuclear polutes? Don't even get started on coal.

I'm sure if someone wanted to build a hydroelectric damn, that they would find some fish that it would adversely affect, thus fighting it too.

There are no sources of energy that make these people happy. Even the amish have electricity. Maybe they people should just go live in a cave away from everyone else. It'd make all of our lives a little bit better.
                There's a difference between a greenie and Luddite. I consider myself the former and laugh at the latter. The idea that we're not going to affect our environment with our energy needs is ridiculous. I'm all for wind farms, ocean power technology, solar, nuclear, gas, some coal and oil. Those that find something to complain about with wind farms are just NIMBY Luddites.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Greens Attack Nuclear Power
                  Where are the pictures of asparagus shoots attacking Jimmy Carter? ;-)
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                  X