No announcement yet.

What's in your CD player right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have enough CDs to matter. I get to start over on moving vinyl to mp3's. The hard drive on my music computer crashed.

I have taken my MP3 collection down to about 60 hours that I play on shuffle when I'm on the computer. I prefer shuffle to CD's. I get a bit of burn out listening to 10+ songs in a row by the same band.

Right now I've got John Hiatt going. Janis Joplin on deck. David Bromberg in the hole. After that it's Buddy Guy, Aerosmith, Eric Burdon, Meat Loaf, Jonny Lang, Kelley Hunt.

Bob only thinks he plays everything.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Tittsworth - The John McCain Experience.

Comment

My question is, since vinyl is making a comeback, should we sell our collection (approx. 5,000) or hang on to them? I've lost my spare bedroom as it is, but hubby can't pass up a flea market. :roll: Yes, he knows their worth; he's a very serious collector.
        But they DO take up a lot of space...
        "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

unless its a collectors peice you wont get much.

I remember picking up a 1st edition *although not mint but in VERY GOOD condition* JJ Johnson Across 110th st LP and spent only a couple of bucks. Although thats not really a collectors item *it could be if you are highly into blaxploitation sdtks* the song Across 110th st is highly sought after.

My suggestion is EBAY or go holler at my friend Rewind @ Rewound sounds on Douglas. only place in Wichita to find massive amounts of vinyl.
          Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

We Carry Independent Hip Hop, Punk Rock, Indie Rock, Classic Rock, Country, Jazz, Oldies, Classical, local music. . . . . We are located at 815 W. Douglas. OPEN TUES. - SAT. 12PM-7PM. 316-269-1413. COME VISIT US AT OUR NEW LOCATION
          Tell him Paturn sent you!!

and to keep with the topic on hand.

Comment

Got to see David Bromberg last year, here in Tucson. He's good friends with Linda Ronstadt and he was visiting her while he was in town. She made an appearance and sang back-up on a song. A nice suprise.

Comment

I still have M&A in the car but now have the new Clarensau album playing through my iTunes.

(The show was great last night and I was impressed with Aaron Lee Martin) I think that was his name anyway.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

ASM,
                Sorry if I changed the thread. Aargh got me thinking with the "moving vinyl to mp3's" comment. I love the way the lps sound and how you have to be invested in the music, at least enough to get up and turn the record over, careful to handle it just right and don't scratch it with the needle! :yes:
                I have my favorites, but in all honesty, he can sell the rest and it won't break my heart.

Oh, and as you know, the value is only what someone is willing to pay. We received $750 for a .75 (our price) Beatles (butcher block-Sp?) album via the Internet. If we hadn't owned a spare, we wouldn't have sold that one, you can be sure.
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

oh im not worried about the change.
                  Anytime I can talk about my friends shop im happy haha

Comment

ASM,

I see that I mistakenly wrote butcher block, when I meant butcher cover. Hahaha. I guess you can take the girl out of the kitchen....you know the rest. We'll be checking out that shop, though. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X