Tanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanker

The new request for proposal said the Pentagon will give "additional value" to a plane that can carry more fuel than is required. Boeing's supporters, especially those from the company's industrial base in Washington state, say that unfairly favors Northrop's larger plane. George Behan, a spokesman for Norm Dicks, D-Wash., said the timeline of the new contract award will make it hard for Boeing to present a bigger plane.

John McCain seems to be getting his way; the French may have the inside track on the tanker deal.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

The Republican candidate encounters upset over a DHL deal resulting in a shift of employment from a hub in Ohio, that was connected to lobbying by his campaign manager, to another place in Kentucky.
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Just another reason to dislike McCain. If they get this tanker deal, they're gonna have to put millions upon millions of dollars into infrastructure at air bases because many won't be able to handle the Frenchies planes.

They have the KC-10, which is a larger tanker, already. Why are they replacing the KC-135 with a plane that is very similar in size to the bigger tanker that they already have?

The Boeing plane will be more fuel efficient and cost less in maintenance over the 40 years that the contract is looking for.

Plus one other note on McCain. For him to take money from French lobbyists (Airbus) and then basically get an American company tossed out of the competition, is absurd. What kind of president would he be if he is already pulling crap like this? Neither of the candidates are good, but this guy will probably contract out top-secret govt work to the Russians at this rate.

Comment

According to Aviation Week, Boeing might not even bid on the contract.

Here's the article at Aviation Week.

Boeing Leaning Toward Not Re-bidding KC-X

Comment

That's just great. I hope it does delay it more. They wanted competition (or in this case a foreign plane) and they got it. Now they are running off American business. Good Job US military!

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            McShame! :-x :-x 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I just find it puzzling that any U.S citizen would consider awarding ANYTHING to the French, who seem to run the other way whenever we need their help. :roll:
              "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                According to Aviation Week, Boeing might not even bid on the contract.
                I'm really sorry the link to the Wichita Eagle in my first post in this thread missed that. It only said
                Aviation Week reported Monday that the company is "strongly considering" not submitting a bid for the Air Force tanker after the Pentagon issued new guidelines last week for the plane. The report cited unnamed sources familiar with Boeing's internal strategy.
                :roll:

Comment

Working...
                X