Beijing Olympic 2008 opening ceremony giant firework faked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beijing Olympic 2008 opening ceremony giant firework faked

Well I'm not sure what that guy was watching, but the network feed I watched from NBC said as much during the actual braodcast....no surprise really.

Comment

Just goes to show that you can't trust the Chinese
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What's the big deal about fake fireworks? I didn't see the show but I don't get why this is such a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by wxkid23
          What's the big deal about fake fireworks? I didn't see the show but I don't get why this is such a big deal.
          What about fake Olympics? :lol:
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

No one should watch or care for these game because they are being played in Beijing. It's just not worth it.

Kinda reminds me of a bunch of American crybabies who wanted the Soviets to not boycott our 1984 games in L.A.

Stupid. :roll:
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You mean to tell me the place where all the fireworks come from fakes their own!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Simulated would have been a better word. And it's my understanding that this was done for safety reasons (it was determined that it was too dangerous for live filming from helicopters). Those who were there to see it live, did so. Everyone else saw a simulation. Either way, it doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the opening ceremony. Special effects for most movies are simulated these days, but that doesn't seem to put a damper on the attraction for viewers.
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                  Well I'm not sure what that guy was watching, but the network feed I watched from NBC said as much during the actual braodcast....no surprise really.
                  I remember hearing the same...

Was still a great show.

Comment

Little girl singing "Ode to the Motherland" lip synched it because real singer was said to have failed the cuteness test
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Milli Vanilli ??

Milli Fireworki ?? :D
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

So the fireworks were fake, the singing was fake, but I'm supposed to believe the gymnasts' passports are 100% legit and it was merely all the other records of their ages that were mistaken?

Comment

I'm doubting the ages too. I won't be surprised if some medals are forfeited down the road.
                          "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                          X