Israel Ready for War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel Ready for War?

Israel preparing for attack on Iran. Pretty sure they won't go through with it without our blessings, but they're getting antsy and I don't blame them. You just know the leaders of Iran would love to be able to strike Israel and I don't doubt that they will at some point if Israel doesn't beat them to it. I'm all for diplomacy, but I have no faith that it'll work with Iran at this time.

The US and Europe need to really step up their pressure though and get serious with Iran. Obviously I don't know all the diplomatic details but I get the feeling that neither really wants to entertain the threat of a military action against them. I understand that Iran may have the 2nd best military in the region behind Israel and has numbers and technology thanks to Russia. But allowing them to have nukes is dangerous business and could be more costly than doing something before they've reached that stage.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

The US won't allow Israel to attack Iran. At least they will in no way support it. Now if Iran strikes first, that may be a whole other story.

That region will never have peace. Ever. Once they think they get one thing settled, something else comes about.

Comment

The US won't allow it right now. And odds are if it comes to that the US will do it since we're more equiped to do so. But, if Israel believes and/or has evidence that Nukes are just around the corner, they'll strike without our blessings and I wouldn't blame them.

I don't think Iran would strike Israel until they have nuclear capabilities.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Diplomacy won't work, and neither will war. That region has been at war forever...so I say let's just fence 'em all in and let them go at it. Maybe they'll destroy each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          The US won't allow it right now. And odds are if it comes to that the US will do it since we're more equiped to do so. But, if Israel believes and/or has evidence that Nukes are just around the corner, they'll strike without our blessings and I wouldn't blame them.

I don't think Iran would strike Israel until they have nuclear capabilities.
          The last straw for me came when Iran basically dumped on the generous incentives the UN offered. Russia would have done all the energy production for them, including hauling waste out of Iran. There's your peaceful energy right there. I'm sure we could negotiate having Iraninan teams help with the production. But nooOOOoo.

We're on a fourth round of sanctions now, which after Russia and China get through with them will amount to little. The questions haven't changed. How much patience does Israel have, will the rest of the world be too late to react militarily if diplomacy fails, and how much would military action in Iran affect the progress we've made in Iraq?

At least that's how I understand it. I'm no diplomat.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Israel will take care of the problem just like they did in Syria last September.

I am sure that it will happen before the change in administrations.
            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Israel has been denied weapons by the US to attack nuclear sites in Iran.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                Israel will take care of the problem just like they did in Syria last September.
                I don't doubt that they will, but it won't be as easy as Iran has a much larger and more capable military. They really would be better off with the support of the US and the UK but don't have to depend on it in order to do what they feel is needed.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                X