Blue Moon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Moon

Has anyone ever had Blue Moon Ice Cream? I'd never even heard of it until today when a co-worker from Wisconsin brought it up. Apparently it started there and is only found in a handful of states in the upper midwest. But for some reason I've become strangely fascinated with it and ended up reading quite a few blogs and whatnot about it. I think I read where it's found in portions of Iowa and Illinois but that's as close as it gets to us here.

My co-worker just kept going on and on about it saying it's the best stuff ever made. Or something to that extent. So I was curious if anyone on here has had the pleasure of having some. It seems many from Wisconsin can't get away from it and have it shipped to them wherever they end up. I'd guess few, if any on here have had it but figured I'd ask and see.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

So it's a flavor, not a brand?

I've never heard of it, but now you've got me interested.

My current favorite is "That's how I roll" from Cold Stone. It has yellow cake mixed in with cinnamon sprinkled on top, I crave it fortnightly.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

It's a flavor. It took about 10 minutes of her talking before I figured out it wasn't a brand. It's said to be "Smurf" blue.

I haven't been to Cold Stone in some time, but that sounds quite good. I'll have to try that one some time.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Is it a blue-raspberry flavor? I've never had it, but I was reading an article (online, I believe) this summer about ice cream and there's a small company somewhere that makes it by hand and it's gaining in popularity. I think they ship it too.
        "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

The girl I work with said it was a fruity flavor that she compared more to Fruity Pebbles. Reading some articles online it seems that nobody can agree to what it actually tastes of. Most say fruit of some nature. One I saw said Citrus. There is an online ice cream site that I saw today that had Blue Moon as the most ordered ice cream off that site I believe. I was looking and found a few places that I think would ship it. One would ship 8 pints for a price of I believe 69 dollars plus almost 20 for S&H. I'm hoping to maybe find a reasonable one just so I can try it.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Too bad they don't offer a sampler? I'd hate to end up with eight pints of anything and then not like it. :(
            "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

I know. I think I saw another site that had samples from 8 different places or something. I believe you could buy a pint or two from any of your choice or by the sampler that had 2 pints from each.

I'll have to try and find it again and see if I can order just a pint or two. If I don't like it I can always "let" others try it so it doesn't go to waste.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Sub,

I'll be watching you, in case you come in here offering free ice cream. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle

My current favorite is "That's how I roll" from Cold Stone. It has yellow cake mixed in with cinnamon sprinkled on top, I crave it fortnightly.
                  This is a great clip from this film with mike myers and Anthony LaPaglia about kfc man colonel sanders

Sorry shizzle. I couldn't help it.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks
                    Originally posted by wu_shizzle

This is a great clip from this film with mike myers and Anthony LaPaglia about kfc man colonel sanders

Sorry shizzle. I couldn't help it.
                    I'm glad someone got it!
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

I think I've talked myself into ordering a pint. I found a few priced at 5.99 at www.icecreamsource.com. But I haven't looked into yet what kind of shipping prices I'd face. If it's somewhat reasonable I'll do it and report back.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I may have just changed my mind. $30 shipping for orders under $42. I'd have to order more than just 1 pint to justify that kind of charge.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I changed my mind again and went ahead and ordered some. I may be an idiot but I just couldn't shake it. Hopefully I get it Wednesday or Thursday this coming week. I'll report back what I can for those of you interested or at least slightly intrigued.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Ah, gee...you got my hopes up. Oh, well, I hope you like it and therefore DON'T have to share it. :D

P.S. I like a lot of things others don't like. :yes:
                            Of course, the opposite is true too. :(

Comment

Paul = :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
                              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                              X