No announcement yet.

Dark Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I just got back and I'm not going to engage Fever so I'll just move on to my thoughts about the movie... I thought it was awesome. I didn't think it was too long, however I thought one aspect could have used about 20 more minutes development more so than 20 or so minutes Nolan spent on something else. I wont say specifically as I don't want to let any spoilers out for those that have not seen it. Really worth seeing in my opinion and money well spent at the theater. The audio was exceptionally well done and really stood out to me above most action flicks. Ledger was really something and deserves any praise he gets from this performance and I think he would have received it even if he was still with us.

Comment

I'm not reading this thread. I refuse to because here is the final answer:

THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME.
      HEATH LEDGER DESERVES TO WIN BEST ACTOR
      THIS MOVIE SHOULD BE NOMINATED FOR BEST PICTURE

I will only come back to this thread to make note of anyone who disagrees with this obvious truth. You will go on the list.

Comment

I'm not reading this thread. I refuse to because here is the final answer:

THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME.
        HEATH LEDGER DESERVES TO WIN BEST ACTOR
        THIS MOVIE SHOULD BE NOMINATED FOR BEST PICTURE

I will only come back to this thread to make note of anyone who disagrees with this obvious truth. You will go on the list.
        Awsome? The first one was better.

Heath Ledger? Good, but not great, if he was not taking a dirt nap no one would care.

Best Picture? Hardly

disagrees with this obvious truth Get a grip you are not living in the real world.

The movie should have ended after they caught the Joker the first time but they had to drag it on another hour.

Also the babe in the movie is a pig.
        Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

I'm not sure the first one was better. They're both very, very good.

Ledger was great and would get this praise if he were still with us. By far the best Joker to date by far. And according to the creators, this was almost money on how they invisioned the Joker when they created him.

I don't know about best picture. That usually goes to some movie I have no desire to ever see again. This is the best movie I've seen in a while and deserves all the praise it'll recieve.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My boss told me about an article he read in the paper that everytime the Joker is speaking there is a siren going in the background. It's not always a blatant siren, but it's there, and whenever it gets more intense the siren starts getting louder and louder. I saw it twice and they were both before he told me about it, and after thinking back to the movie, it would make sense.

Comment

First off KC sorry if I really ruined the movie for you; I usually am careful about not posting "spoilers" and didn't think that one item would be. Hopefully when you saw the movie you could see that coming even despite my post.

Now I know this is old but I read this article today (TMQ on ESPN) and this summed up my thoughts exactly, including some of the issues I pointed out to my wife on the way out (and I doubt she really cared to hear about, she says I "over-analyze").

WARNING if you haven't seen the movie-this is non-stop spoilers so STOP READING if you haven't seen it!

The latest Batman installment is a hit, and well-made from a cinematography standpoint, but the Joker character was unrealism carried to an extreme, even by Hollywood's low standards. The Joker has hundreds of obedient, superefficient henchmen, including surgeons and high-ranking police officers, who serve him without question -- even though they know he murders his own henchmen. The Joker knows things no one could possibly know, such as what street the police van carrying Harvey Dent will turn down during a wild chase. (He has henchmen positioned on that street, one of dozens the van might have turned down). The Joker can get poison into the police commissioner's private office without anyone suspecting anything. City officials make a sudden decision to load several hundred people into ferries; in just a few hours, Joker is able to place thousands of pounds of explosives aboard the ferries without anyone noticing, plus rig devices to take over the ferries' engines. Joker is able to move thousands of pounds of explosives into Gotham General Hospital without anyone noticing. Positioning the explosives for the two giant-blast sequences in "The Dark Night" would have required large trucks and a front-loader carrying multiple heavy objects through places crawling with police officers without anyone noticing. Joker always knows exactly where everyone he wants to kill is in a huge city (how?); he's beaten to a pulp by Batman, yet just minutes later, easily overpowers a huge policeman; Joker steals from the mob, yet no mob soldier simply shoots him. Joker has a bomb sneaked into the jail where he's being held -- somehow he knew in advance what cell he would be in! -- and it blasts open the jail wall, plus kills all the police officers standing around the Joker, but does not hurt him.

Comment

Just some thoughts:

Overall it was pretty good.
                As some have pointed out there are some realism issues.
                The Joker played by Ledger seemed better then the one by Nicholson fwiw.
                Seemed a bit too long.
                Didn't like the ending.

Grade B.

Comment

Just some thoughts:

Overall it was pretty good.
                  As some have pointed out there are some realism issues.
                  The Joker played by Ledger seemed better then the one by Nicholson fwiw.
                  Seemed a bit too long.
                  Didn't like the ending.

Grade B.
                  BINGO!
                  Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X